Author Topic: Weight of your gold weight  (Read 8368 times)

TP

Re: Weight of your gold weight
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 09:43:03 pm »
Hi NancyAnn, no I don't need the weight any longer. My eye closes somewhat on its own. However, it does get a little dry but I think that is more from my payalysis than the eye not closing as tight as my other eye. I can smile a little more but it is sorta pitiful. Yes I plan on the gold weight being made into a necklace, I think it will mean a lot to me.
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

badyellowvette

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 09:59:46 pm »
I have all 4 of my gold weights wonder what I could make out of them?
Small orange size AN removed 5-15-1985
Tarsarophy done 5-19-1985
Thumbnail size AN removed 4-18-1993
Tarsarophy removed and 1.6g gold weight added 7-22-1993
From 7-26-01 to 2-25-2013 five more surgery's on eyelid with now 3g of gold weight

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 08:46:36 am »
How come you have 4 weights?!  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

dsuvb12

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 09:23:35 am »
Thanks for the information on the platinum chain!  And thanks for the info about the mark...I asked my mom about it and shes kind of worried about the mark too since the purple mark won't go away! Thanks!
4.6cmm tumor pressing on the brain stem--removed 7/24/07
Right facial paralysis, loss of hearing in right ear
Gold weight in right eye
BAHA Implant
Dr. Gary Moore was ENT and Dr. Long was neurosurgeon both of Omaha, NE
Had two scar revisions due to staph infection and suture allergy--Dr. Johnso

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 12:53:10 pm »
AS YOUR FACIAL NERVE RECOVERS AND SOME OF THE BLINK FUNCTION RETURNS DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE REVISIONS OF THE EYELID WEIGHT? DID ANYONE HAVE A DROOPY EYELID AFTER THEIR WEIGHT WAS PUT IN AND IF SO DID IT IMPROVE OVER TIME? MY DOCTOR TELLS ME THAT IT SHOULD TAKE UP TO 3 MONTHS FOR MY UPPER LID TO GAIN STRENGTH. ALSO DOES ANYONE'S EYEBALL EVER HURT....LIKE A SHARP PAIN EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE? WHEN I WALK DOWN OUR STAIRS I CAN FEEL THE UPPER LID JIGGLE DUE TO THE HEAVINESS OF THE WEIGHT. I HAVE A 1.4GM PLATINUM WHICH I THINK MIGHT BE TOO HEAVY. LAST QUESTION...........DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DOCTOR THAT DOES PLATINUM WEIGHTS? I MIGHT NEED A REVISION AND I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO TEXAS. WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR DOES THIS OTHER THAN WHAT I WENT TO......A PLASTIC SURGEON.

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 01:26:27 pm »
CrookedSmile~
I have no feeling in my eye so I don't know if my eyeball ever hurts!?  I had to have my weight changed 3 times -- I remember once, I noticed it b/c when I would read at night when I was tired, I couldn't keep that eyelid open at all.  Now when I am REALLY tired, my eylid droops some, but not on a consistent basis.  I never waited for the eyelid to strenghten either; however, I did not get the weight until MANY YEARS after the intial AN surgery...that may have had something to do with it...
Where in Texas did you go?  Are you from Texas?  I live in the Panhandle.  My regular opthomologist has done all of mine.  When I lived in Austin, I went to an optho. that specialized in eye surgeries -- he is the one that sewed my eye shut and would've put in the weight if we hadn't moved.
Hope that helped some...??
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!