Author Topic: AN side eye closes when I eat..... what now ??  (Read 16609 times)

marg

Re: AN side eye closes when I eat..... what now ??
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 07:28:40 pm »
I think we could come up with our own AN 'smiley' faces .  The ones that are truly like we look (depending on our paralysis extent ) are  :( :'( :-\ :-X ;)  They don't have the one I need...... I need one that has the winky eye and one side only of a smile....
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Jeff

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:45 pm »
How about this? When writing a post, click on the image button and use this URL: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2406/2122753367_ef63ef7c34_o.gif

Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007, 02:46:30 pm »
Jeff,

:D

That is great!

:D :D

4 :)
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

lori67

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007, 02:55:34 pm »
That looks just like me - now if it only had a bad haircut...
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

OMG16

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007, 03:01:06 pm »
You guys are sooo funny!!!  You bring me joy every day. 

Marg my sons Dr said that when he was sick he would have these sort of things happen and even revert back to total paralysis and so far he has been right.  I hope this helps.  My son has a wonderful sense of humor and even gives himself nick names.  The stories I could tell about 3am in the hospital and we are all laughing so hard and the nurses are not amused at all.  I hope you are feeling better.     16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2007, 03:23:41 pm »
That looks just like me - now if it only had a bad haircut...

catch me on a really bad day.. that is when I give my best "bad" haircuts. :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

marg

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2007, 11:29:02 pm »
Thanks 16..... I hope things straighten up (ha ha) now that I'm feeling better.  I wondered if that would (hopefully) happen.  We'll see.

Jeff -  love the face....but I need one that has the eye closed and the droopy face on the same side...can you do one of those??? :D
Margaret
Marg 
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Jeff

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 09:00:05 am »
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

er

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 09:20:22 am »
I am almost 3 years po & my face is looking better but my eye still closes when I eat it is wierd feeling
eve

marg

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2007, 04:30:56 pm »
Thanks Jeff love it  :D

Eve - I talked to Dr Delashaw's physisians assistant today asking for a referral for physical therapy for this 'eye closing while I eat' thing... and he said it doesn't and  can't do that - and have it related to my AN facial paralysis.  I told him that I have many other AN friends with facial paralysis  with problems like this and then I read him the definition from the bell's palsy link about the nerves getting off track and hooking up wrong .....then... he gave me my referal !! 

Brother -  I am tired of these guys spouting off when it is not their area, they know little about it and they tell me something can't be happening .... when I have it happening to me. 
     Anyway... I will let you know after I have an appointment and get some info.
  Have a Merry Christmas Eve....  and eveyone else  :D
Margaret
Marg 

OMG16

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2007, 06:23:19 pm »
I'm sorry that happened to you.  I'm glad you got your referral.  Let us know how you do.  Merry Christmas 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

welchy

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:23 am »
Hi Girls,

I had the dimple also, just to the left of my chin.  A muscle that was over working caused the dimple.  Sometimes dimples are cute!!  But it just added to the "there is something wrong with her" look.  Just last month my doctor injected the chin with botox and it is totally gone.... YEAH!!

It will last for about three months and I will need another shot.

Sometimes, things can be fixed so easy!

Patti

I too have the off-sided dimple and the "There is something wrong with her look." My surgery was eight years ago.  I am considering the botox.  Anybody have any advice on this?