Author Topic: I have lost all patience with trivial things  (Read 12448 times)

candtlaw

Re: I have lost all patience with trivial things
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 02:40:48 pm »
I just wanted to let you know I definatly can empathize with you............ hang in there.........
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

mbnolde

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 05:07:23 pm »
I had not logged on for a while due to the sudden death of my mother on Jan. 4th ( she was 83 but in good health)....more stress to add to the existing stress.  However, this experience has made me feel good to be alive and able to talk on this blog!  It is so good to read of others similar feelings re: this topic.  It makes me feel that some one understands.  Thank you all so much for sharing your stories.  I am still in the gathering information mode at this point, since I do not need to make a decision soon. 

You are great!   ;D

Meebee

Glenda

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 08:04:53 pm »
Hi MB!

I was just diagnosed last week and I have the EXACT same feelings!  I have heard so much complaining at work from customers over such trivial things that I want to scream at them....but of course I can't.  The stress I am feeling is terrible.  Small things bother me that didn't before but hopefully I'll get better as I learn to live with this diagnosis.  It's good to know there are others out there having the same feelings, it makes you feel not so "alone" 

I have a cousin that has breast cancer(just diagnosed right before Christmas). She had her breast removed and is going through chemo so I know things could be worse.....

Hang in there and together we can all get through this!
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

Glenda

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »
MB

I just read your last post and wanted to say how sorry I am to hear of the loss of your Mother!  I lost my father a few years ago but still have my Mom.  Losing a parent is a hard thing to go through.....May your memories give you comfort

Hang in there and take one day at a time............
Diagnosed 5 mm AN  Jan 2008
Deep in IAC
June 2010 7 mm
July 2011 8.5 mm
July 2012 1.1 cm
Nov 28, 2012 Mid Fossa Surgery Wake Forest Baptist Hospital-Winston-Salem NC, Dr John Wilson and Dr Eric Oliver

SSD tinnitus dizziness

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 09:07:53 pm »
There was a book published recently (quite witty)
"I have a Brain Tumour - whats your excuse..."
sound a bit familiar ?

The name of the book is "I Had Brain Surgery, What's Your Excuse?" by Suzy Becker.

I read it a few months post op and really enjoyed it.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 10:11:28 pm »
MB -
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom.  Please know you're in my prayers.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Alchemist

• Recovering one day at a time!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 08:56:21 pm »
Geesh, I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one feeling this way. Just as my surgery was scheduled (2/28), one of the ladies at work started to limp and said that she might need knee surgery, but she had not hurt her knee recently...the injury occurred when she was 11 years old.  ;) I guess she needed some attention, too. Then, there is a young lady who made a fuss about how much weight she had gained from the chemo she had to undergo for breast cancer.  >:( 
Translab @ EUH, Atlanta, GA 2.28.08
Drs. J. Olson & Mattox
Facial numbness left side; SSD
Radiation therapy followed surgery. Hospitalized for CSF leak 4.04.08 thru 4.11.08.
Long hard struggle back. Did I have to have this surgery?

Sheryl

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 06:49:08 pm »
Alchemist - I hope you don't mean you lost patience with the breast cancer lady thinking it was a trivial thing.  Nothing is trivial about breast cancer even if it is weight gain from the treatment (which from personal experience is no fun).
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W