Author Topic: Nancyann?  (Read 11633 times)

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Nancyann?
« on: November 28, 2007, 11:30:18 am »
Has anyone heard from Nancyann since her facial surgery (Nov 20/07)?

She has been on my mind and in my prayers all week. I am wondering how she is doing?

She has been such sunshine on cloudy days for many of us. Today seems extra foggy and socked in here in the Pacific Northwest - particulary without the NancyAnn sunshine posts that join us.

If anyone is in touch with her - let her know that she is missed by an AN buddy!

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: Nancyann?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:56:18 am »
I too have been thinking the very same thing for the last few days.  I did send her (night before surgery) a PM , but have not heard since.  She's probably still doing the recovery thing, and lots to do when you return home from out of town. 

Hey Nancy look forward to hearing from you.!
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

1wareagle

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 01:53:08 pm »
Same here!  I PM her 2 days before her surgery and I have gotten no reply. I sent her a message yesterday and still nothing. She must not have returned home yet.

Good Luck Nancy, we are thinking of you!
Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

lori67

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:26:20 pm »
Lets hope she's out trying out her new smile!  :)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:18:58 pm »
Yes, lets hope she's out knockin' 'em dead and grinin' away!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 07:59:41 pm »
Yes, Nancyann, my pirate socks are smelling mighty strong!  For my families sake let someoe know that your smile is as beautiful as the sunshine you spread.
Hugs,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

TP

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 10:20:31 pm »
Nancy, I ditto what everyone is saying. We miss you!!! We want to hear from you!  ;D I want to hear about your beautiful smile.
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:50:37 am »
Smile or no smile - we still want to hear from you regardless of the outcome from surgery.

Success or no success with the facial surgery- we still want to know how you are doing... and to let you know that we care.

HUGS

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

pattibobatti

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 10:31:21 am »
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to tell you all that I had the same surgery and the same doctor did my face too.  I have not heard from her either.  From what she has told me, she has had no nerve recovery yet.  She knew that the things she is having done won't  help her smile.  She was expecting a more symetrical looking face.  Everything has dropped on the AN side and she is having all that fixed. 

She was so excited about all of this and I wish her well.  Hopefully, she will post soon and let us in on how great she looks!!!

Pattti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

daylilly

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 08:38:54 am »

Hopefully we will hear soon.  She did not expect to be home until Dec. 1.  I miss her posts and
 that really big smile from within that is always there.
                                                                                 Sue
3 cm AN
translab July 2005, Emory, Dr. Mattox, Dr. Olson
gold weight, Dr. Wojno
left-sided deaf
left-sided facial paralysis

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 09:50:40 am »
NANCYANN.....WE MISS YOU!!!!! I hope your doing well. BIG HUGS!!!!!
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

marg

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 08:23:50 pm »
Boy we must all be on the same wave length.... I have been thinking a lot about Nancy the last couple of days too.  Once again we all are there with one of our AN family members (in thoughts and prayers)... it's just darn hard to wait to find out how things went.   We love and miss you Nancy !
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 09:14:02 am »
Hi guys - I just posted a new subject & just now saw this post - YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST !!!!!!!!   I'm doing great, sooo glad I had this done, even though immediately post op I told my mom I want to die (the pain, vomiting,  you all know the routine).
Oh, & I forgot to write on the new subj. Post Temporalis,   WHEN I BITE DOWN MY RIGHT CHEEK MOVES !!!!  It's not in the smile position yet, but in a few months it will be - so the temporalis transfer took !!!   YEAHHHH FOR ME !!!!! (It hurts when I do it now so I have to wait awhile,  but I was soooo happy to see the little movement in my ckeek !!!).     Thank God for this surgery,  & thank you all for your support !!!!!!!!
Always good thoughts,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

lori67

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 10:23:08 am »
Nancy - so glad to hear you're doing well and that it worked!! Yay!  What a nice early Christmas present that must be!

Welcome back!  We missed you.
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 10:29:36 am »
Yeah Nancy is back!

So glad to hear you are seeing some facial movement!
Also happy that you have a MOM to be there for you.

Way to go and Welcome Back!

:) 4