Author Topic: will a baha or transear help balance  (Read 10253 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: will a baha or transear help balance
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 11:01:00 am »
Bucko -

I find that my BAHA makes no difference whatsoever in my balance.  But then again, I don't have big balance issues - just small ones.

BAHA processor in 2 days!!!  Are you thrilled or what?!!!  ;D

BTW, watch out for those doorways - you don't want to knock the processor off your head!  :D  I actually did that on the frame of my car door about six hours after I got my processor  :o  Thankfully it wasn't damaged.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 12:10:40 pm »
Those doorways will get you every time!  I can't tell you how many times I've slammed my elbow into one!  That hurts!!

I had to get up at 2am because the dog needed to go out - talk about off balance!  I'm glad only the dogs saw me!   I looked like I'd had way too much to drink!  And how comforting to know that my whole family sleeps through the sound of me crashing into doorways and walls and tripping over furniture.  I guess I'll have to make more noise next time.  Hey, if I'm up - everyone should be up!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

sabuck

• Buck & Sons Landscape Service, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 02:32:32 pm »
Jan,
I can't wait to be you and experience hearing from both sides again! But I am NOT going to run naked like you!  :D

Lori,
Yep those d#*% doorways. They reach out and bite you everytime!  ;D
Approx. AN 2.5 cm prior to surgery on 10/7/07)
(Cerebellopontine Angle Tumor)
The Ohio State University Medical Clinic (Drs. Brad Welling & John McGregor)
SSD post op - left side
BAHA surgery 4/25/08 Dr. Brad Welling 7/3/08 for Baha use!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 02:35:09 pm »
Jan,
I can't wait to be you and experience hearing from both sides again! But I am NOT going to run naked like you!  :D

Bucko - are you starting rumors again!  :o

BTW, just remembered Catflower gets her processor tomorrow.  Join me in wishing her well, Lori & Bucko  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways