Author Topic: Questions for Transear users  (Read 7149 times)

Boppie

Re: Questions for Transear users
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 07:48:19 pm »
Way to go, Chris B.  Your post is very informative and helpful.  I enjoy comparing my own experiences with other TransEar users.  That is what this board discussion is about...being supportive, getting and giving good information.

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 05:56:54 am »
I want to say thank you to everyone here, too.  I've been going back and forth about whether or not to try out a TransEar, but your testimonials have convinced me to pick up the phone and call the Hearing Aid Clinic. 

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

matti

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 07:26:52 pm »
What I found most helpful through my Transear journey was getting a copy of the Transear fitting guide (from TransEar) which included impression taking, what to expect, what not to expect, steps the audiologist should be doing during the intial fitting and beyond. Many audiogist are new to the device and some quite hesitant (in my case >:() so armed with some knowledge going in gave me a better understanding. At first I did not tell my audiologist that I had read the guide and I was saddend to see that she barely followed any of the steps.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

robertdhoward

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 02:43:26 pm »
I'm on my second shell using TransEar. With my first one, I simply did not get enough performance to satisfy me that it was wortk $3K. After about a week, my audiologist tried increasing the gain which resulted in little improvement. After gain was increased I had to reduce the volume to eliminate feedback and the net was no better than I started with.  After I reported continued disappointment, my audiologist got on the phone with TransEar to discuss. I'd also reported that I could feel the vibration. Whenthat was reported to TransEar they'd indicated that shouldn't happen and shipped out a slightly larger shell. This one is performing much better but I still feel the vibration. Can anyone give me some feedback on how much vibration you feel and maybe how snug it fits. I noticed that the first one came out of my ear much easier than this one but I wonder if this new one is still too small.

Boppie

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 02:52:57 pm »
I think if you feel the vibration to the point that it hurts or annoys you then some point needs adjusting.  Mine is tight and slow to slide in.  Initially I felt a vibration and got a sore spot from it.  After some soft sanding the vibration was eliminated, and the fit became and remains perfect.  I didn't need a bigger shell.  I needed sanding.  It is good news that your contact is better.  Maybe try a slight sanding by your audio.