Author Topic: Drs in Springfield, Missouri???  (Read 3458 times)

BGWBT

Drs in Springfield, Missouri???
« on: November 04, 2007, 04:24:39 pm »
Hi All,

I've been busy reading the posts and a week into my diagnosis have more questions than answers.  Obviously I've got much more reading ahead. 

One of my main concerns at this point is to find a doctor (hopefully) within my St. John's PPO that I feel comfortable with.   Many of the posts I've seen list doctors in large cities.  Although it's possible for me to go to Kansas City or St. Louis, going outside my PPO would  be very expensive and likely not a great option for me financially.  Right now I'm just working on 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) opinions for treatment options.  My current ENT is 50/50 on radiation vs. surgery, and feels I should make the decision. 

Can anyone out there provide info or their experiences with local ENTs and Neurosurgeons in the Springfield, Missouri area.  KC and St. Louis advice would be helpful also.

Thanks a bunch.   
1.5 cm diagnosed 10/2007
Waiting and watching and researching options

kjmema

Re: Drs in Springfield, Missouri???
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:15:29 am »
I got your personal email and can certainly help you out in Spfld. so do emil me back... I'm also in the St Johns system.  \Don't make any fast decision. Unless you have a HUGE AN you do have some time....There are some good places in St. Louis and KC also OK City has options.
left side AN 3mm IAC watch & wait hearing 100% balance slightly off

Victoriah1999

• CM Indy
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:21:07 pm »
I'm in STL.  :)
My doc was Jacques Herzog.  (Otoneurologist)
WONDERFUL.  Patient and responsive and I had a great result, all things considered.  Good Luck, it's so hard to do this stuff when you are so preoccupied. 

lynnie

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 12:57:09 pm »
I, too, am in Missouri and recently diagnosed. I am getting one opinion from a neurosurgeon in Columbia, then going to Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis for a second opinion. I did some research and found that the St. Louis group is very good.
http://www.barnesjewish.org/groups/default.asp?NavID=363

Good luck.
Columbia, Missouri. Newly diagnosed with 6.4 mm X 3.9 mm X 3 mm IAC AN.