Author Topic: CyberKnifed  (Read 2024 times)

tdworkin

CyberKnifed
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:45:14 pm »
Hi All... just got back from Stanford where Drs. Chang and Hancock had their cyberknife way with my tumor. I have only good things to say about the experience. Everyone there was excellent in their discussions, treatment and professionalism. Of course, I am relieved it's "over" but now know my worry about the procedure was totally wasted.  I'd say it was a "no brainer" but ... well, nevermind my tumor humor.
Now, six months and counting... fingers and toes crossed for TUMNOR DEATH and, with all my angels around me, my hearing preserved!! (I'd even keep the tinnitus in the bargain, well, if I had to!!)
Well wishes to everyone,
T

Lorenzo

Re: CyberKnifed
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 04:57:23 am »
HI T!
Great! You had the same docs I had, and I'll be seeing Dr Chang next week! Here's a toast to tumour death! May your post-CK be uneventful and successful!
All the best.
Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

tdworkin

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 06:17:42 pm »
Lorenzo,
Could you share with me a little bit about the post- CK fallout you may have experienced? I have had a headache every day since- not the worst, but almost constant. I am wondering if this is considered "normal" and should just not pay attention to it or if it's something I should call Chang about.
Good health on your visit to Palo Alto. Say Hi to my cyber family at Stanford for me!
arrivederci!
T

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:50 am »
I usually don't read posts about cyberknife, since I'm a surgery patient myself, but your catchy title caught my eye.

I love your sense of humor.   ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways