Author Topic: Question about deaf ear  (Read 2253 times)

BB

Question about deaf ear
« on: October 24, 2007, 07:42:06 pm »
I was wondering if anyone experience's  an odd feeling at times in your deaf ear?  Almost like a electric shock feeling, but it doesn't hurt, just really startles you.  It comes and goes day or night for me.  Just had an MRI, and everything showed ok.  Going into the Doctor to go over the report and test's, but the nurse told me no sign of regrowth over the phone so i wouldn't worry ,until i can get in. Thank heaven's for the good new's on the MRI.  It's just this strange sinsation in my ear that make's me wonder what is going on.  Plan on asking the the doctor when I go in Nov. 1.  Any one with this problem?  BB

FlyersFan68

Re: Question about deaf ear
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:15:15 am »
Yes. It seems to briefly happen only during my night job and after a really hard day at my primary job. Never really during the day. Never happens on the nights I get to come home and just relax. I think it's fatigue related somehow. It has been less frequent over the years and only happens when I am extremely fatigued (pushing myself). However, I am glad that my tinnitus is not nearly as bad prior to surgery and the fullness is totally gone. I have SSD but still hear well and pick up sounds from across the room. It's like the one good ear gets stronger or something. I cannot believe it's been 3 1/2 years since my surgery. It's a fading memory. I'm glad about your good results. I will get checked again in August '08. After that I hope we can ease up with MRI's for a long while but not too long because who knows with these tumors. FlyersFan (6-2)