Author Topic: Wow it has been 3 years  (Read 2415 times)

Jsoule

Wow it has been 3 years
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:17:59 pm »
Hello, This marks my 3 year ANniversary post surgery. I seldon come to this site anymore, but do remember how important it was to me and all the wonderful information I received prior to making my decision to have surgery at HEI. The surgery was successful and I have been very fortunate to not have a lot of issues afterwards. I have one sided hearing and it can be a challenge at best,  but things could be worse. I spend hours and months on this board 3 plus years ago, and if I can help anyone with any information I can pass along please feel free to e-mail me, Thanks Julie

Lorenzo

Re: Wow it has been 3 years
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 12:33:43 am »
Hi Julie, congratulations on the anniversary! I'm coming up to three year shortly too, and I can't even begin to explain what this site and this group of people have done for me! It would have been a much more scary and boring experience without you all! If I can help anyone, I'll be glad to try! :)
Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:39:11 am »
Lorenzo,
You help me on a daily basis.  You offer so much of yourself I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't read your supportive posts.  You are a Godsend.
Julie.........congratulations on three years.  I'm at almost twenty-seven months and am still at the very frustrated and angry part although it is getting better.  With all the support and encouragement I have received here life is better than it would have been had I not found this great group of people.
Hugs,
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 02:13:02 pm »
Julie -

congratulations on your 3rd year anniversary (yeah!!!) and thanks for sharing your thoughts on how helpful this forum was to you.  It's been a Godsend for many of us; it's good to know that you share that sentiment.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 02:21:47 pm »
Hi, Julie:

Congratulations!

Thanks for letting us share your three-year 'anniversary' with you.  So pleased to see another AN patient with a positive outcome.  We need to know that an AN diagnosis, surgery and/or radiation, while no fun ,isn't always bad news.  Thanks for posting - and 'don't be a stranger'.  We can always use additional insight and information from those who are well past surgery and have good outcomes, like you.

Jim.
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.