Author Topic: Thanks to group  (Read 1896 times)

cindyj

Thanks to group
« on: February 29, 2008, 02:41:21 pm »
Hi all,

I posted here a couple of weeks ago when I just had a suspicion of an AN and have been just reading posts and researching since then.  Did recve confirmation today that I do have a small AN (11 x 6 x 7) and am scheduled to see a doctor here in the Atlanta area next week - he apparently studied/trained/worked (?) with the House Clinic, so I know from reading here that that's a plus for me.  Just really wanted to say THANKS to all on this forum.  Because of all of you, I am already pretty well informed and will know what to ask next week...I think, anyway.  You are all so helpful to everyone that comes here - it really is a great resource!

Sure I'll have more questions as I go along but, again, just wanted to let you know how helpful this site has been for me.

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

4cm in Pacific Northwest

Re: Thanks to group
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:57:15 pm »
Cindy,

Welcome. Sorry for the reason you are now officially one of us… But I am glad you are here and reaching out. The upside with a small AN is you will have many options for treatment.

I understand that the Atlanta patients have great post-op recovery resources available to them unlike many of us in the Portland (OR) … so you are in a good locale for treatment.

Know that here on the forum you will find lots of caring and understanding people. Be sure to keep us posted.

Keep moving forward,

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:34:48 pm »
Cindy~
Welcome.  I know that this is a really crazy time, just finding out, but it seems like you have a good handle on it!  Ask LOTS of questions and know that every question is "valued".  Please feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk to or just to listen.
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:22:32 pm »
Hi, Cindy:

Like the others, I'm sorry an acoustic neuroma was confirmed in your case but I'm pleased you found this site and the forums helpful.

Its always rewarding to know that, collectively, we've been able to offer some help to fellow AN patients, like you.  From your post, I trust you'll be a frequent visitor here in the months to come. We'll do our best to help you in any way possible.

I wish you success as you begin consulting with doctors in your area.   Fortunately, your AN is small enough for you to have both time and options, including 'watch-and-wait'.   Please let us know how your physician consultation goes.  We're interested.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 03:03:51 pm »
Cindy -

sorry to hear about your AN, but am glad that our "little group" has been a resource for you.

Let us know how your appointment goes.

Wishing you the best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways