Author Topic: I am finally home from the hospital!!!! YEA!!!  (Read 5598 times)

ConnieJ

I am finally home from the hospital!!!! YEA!!!
« on: September 26, 2007, 03:34:44 pm »
Hi everyone, I got home from the hospital Monday night after spending 20 days there. YUCK!! I developed an infection so they had to put a drain in my back and I had to lay flat on my back for 6 days. Let me tell you that was no fun, but I am home now on IV antibiotics and feeling a little better everyday. I can't believe how tired I get so fast. The ride home from the hospital was awful.. I got sick, but all in all I am on my way to getting better. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I appreciate it very much!!! I will keep in touch as best as I can. Thanks to you all.  Love Connie

hendi51

Re: I am finally home from the hospital!!!! YEA!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:53:06 pm »
I'm glad you are home Connie. Hope the recovery goes fast now.
My husband had translab 3/15/2011 for 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm left side AN at
Methodist University Hospital in
Memphis, Tn

TP

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:56:23 pm »
Connie, I am so happy you are now home. I know about laying flat on your back, it is not fun. Rest and get plenty of sleep. Drink lots of fluids and we will keep you in our prayers!
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Catflower

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 05:47:24 pm »
Connie:  I'm glad to hear you are finally at home.  Being at home will really help you recover.  Being in the hospital for 20 days must have been awful.  I was on IV antibiotics at home for 6 weeks.  Those things can make you feel tired plus everyting you've been through so don't push yourself too hard.  If you feel like you need to rest just stop what you're doing and rest.  Nap when you need to.  When I first got home I had to rest every couple of hours.  I'm 5 months out now and I still have to rest in the afternoon.  My brain seems to need the quiet time more than my body.

Take care

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:56:39 pm »
Welcome home. :)

The first 4 weeks are the roughest  :o ... but it DOES get better  :) . Now you are home- don't do too much ... and allow others to do chores etc for you.

Keep moving forward.

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »
Connie -

Congratulations on finally returning home.  I can't imagine being in the hospital 20 days; what a trooper you are  :)  I was there 6 days (5 nights) and thought I'd go crazy. 

Fatigue will last a while, but it's great to hear you're feeling better every day.

God bless,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 02:11:13 pm »
Hi, Connie:

Congratulations on becoming a 'postie'!

20 days in the hospital, an infection and 6 days flat on your back will drain anyone.  Now that you're home, take it easy and know that the fatigue will pass and you'll feel much better in a few more weeks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:07:38 am »
Yay Connie!!!!! WELCOME TO POSTIE-WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Hugs,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Obita

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 08:00:25 pm »
Hi there ConnieJ:

How are you now that you have been home a week?

I am sorry that you had such a rough time of it.  Yuck is right.  That is way too long to be in the hospital.

I will be watching for updates when you feel up to it. 

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

pattibobatti

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 06:50:04 pm »
Being home from the hospital is the best feeling.  I remember how everyone was so nice and I needed to be there, but I just could not wait to be home. 

The fatigue is unbelievable, isn't it???  But we all had it and it reallly is true, to listen to your bodly and rest when it says to......

Good for you for being home. 

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

linnilue

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 08:24:24 pm »
Connie,  Bless you and good luck.  Holly
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

deea

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 09:20:05 pm »
My Dear Connie,

I am so glad to hear you are doing okay.  We both kind of disappeared from the radar for a while.  I am doing much better also.  I am so happy for you getting home.  I had no idea you were still in the hosp.  I didn't think  Blodgett was that great that you would want to extend your stay to 20 days....WOW !

Take it from someone who learned the hard way...DON'T OVER DO

Claudia

cookiesecond

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:57:44 am »
Connie,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let others pamper you for awhile and take it easy.
Yake care,
Lynn

cheza

• I must be strong, this thing is beating me
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 02:41:20 pm »
Hi Connie

So glad to hear your home, sorry you had to spend so long in hospital, I go for my pre-op 2mos I bet that feels like a long time ago to you?

Anyway glad your feeling ok and that your on the road to recovery keep us posted let us know how your getting on, its good to hear how well your doing knowing that its my turn in 2 weeks!

keep smiling babes  :)

Cheryl. XxX   :-*
diagnosed 4th Oct 07 with a 3cm left acoustic neuroma,
surgery 9th Nov 07, age 30 at time of surgery,
total hearing loss to left ear, grade 6 facial palsay (getting better)
latest MRI shows regrowth on facial nerve.