Author Topic: Scarey Vertigo Attack  (Read 4231 times)

debora

Scarey Vertigo Attack
« on: September 24, 2007, 06:12:42 pm »
This morning I was having coffee, reading the paper and watching the news and all of the sudden my eyes were rapidly going badk and forth so that anything I was looking at was going side to side very quickly.  I asked my husband to look at my eyes and he said they were very jittery.  I have had vertigo where every thing or I myself spins but this was very different and scarey.  It lasted about 5 minutes and then I was pretty darn sick took my meds to calm the nerve off and sleep it off.   Has anyone had this? :'(
Deb

Boppie

Re: Scarey Vertigo Attack
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 06:18:58 pm »
research nystigmus

debora

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:31:34 am »
Thanks Boppie, I have never heard of this before but will read into it.    Deb

twinkle

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:12 am »
Yep...Sometimes, I will be on my computer and look up at the dog or tv and my eyes start to jump around and I can't focus.  No doctor has ever told me what causes this...I don't think they know.  I have had all of the tests, several times...cataract surgery and still have problems from time to time.  I don't have Menieres, I have a "inactive" inner ear...dead in the water, so to speak.  Neck and back pain and the list goes on, so what causes the eyes to do the jittering and jumping is anybody's guess.  If you find out what it is...please let me know.  blessings, twinkle

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 11:19:56 am »
Hi Deborah,

There is a tread below this one entitled, Contains Brief Clip showing geotropic nystagmus. There is a video link showing involuntary movement of the eyes. Is this what you are experiencing?

Janet
Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.

debora

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 07:01:54 pm »
Janet,

I am not sure what I experienced it could be, I do have radiation induced vertigo and they guess the nerve is dying.  I was just at the Mayo for my annual checkup and they don't know why I am still having severe attacks of vertigo so I really don't think they will know what is causing this either.  It is all a big guess and really quite frusterating.  Thanks for mentioning the video clip, I hadn't seen it before.

Deb