Author Topic: Jeopardy!  (Read 3077 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Jeopardy!
« on: September 18, 2007, 08:15:20 pm »
Hey, anybody see Jeopardy! tonight (Tuesday)?  The contestant named JT told about his Acoustic Neuroma which was on his brain stem and he said he had the same headache for 4 hundred and (I can't remember) days. Alex was very sad for him.  Wow, one of us made it to Jeopardy!  Cool.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Jeopardy!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:23:26 pm »
How neat!  Wish I would have seen it.  Prior to being diagnosed, I'd never heard of an acoustic neuroma.  I think the public has a general unawareness of it.

So, did JT say if he had surgery or radiation?  Just curious.

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 12:02:24 pm »
He had surgery. I was so surprised at the mention of his Acoustic Schwannoma, which he said first, and I was trying to locate my husband (Hey, Hey..come here quick! sort of thing) that I kind of missed how long his surgery was, but I think he said 12 hours or something like that.  It was pressing on his brain stem, so I suppose that's why he chose surgery. Didn't say how big it was.  You know Jeopardy...don't have much time in which to tell your story.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:45:09 pm »
Well, it's certainly promising that he made it to Jeopardy.  There are some days my brain is so confused, I can't talk straight, much less think about playing Jeopardy  ;D

Good for him.  And for mentioning his AN.  It kind of "put us on the map".
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:51:37 pm »
You know- my friend Cheri told my husband about the jeopardy show.  Too funny!

Also on the Fox Network- the medical drama House - featured a guy going out of his mind- the young spud doctors thought it could be a hemmoraging AN, turns out it was literally a bug in his ear... so much for drama!

Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys