Author Topic: Loss of Tones  (Read 5234 times)

kristin

Re: Loss of Tones
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2007, 10:17:53 pm »
I only have 10% hearing loss on my AN side, yet when I lay with my "good" side down, I cannot hear rain drops falling outside the window, I cannot hear the tick-tock of a coo-coo clock. This really freaked me out one day, so I called Dr. Brackman and he scheduled me for another audiogram. It came back exactly the same as the year before...I just lost that frequency.

Kristin
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
Re: Loss of Tones
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 07:37:43 am »
Tomorrow is follow up for hearing loss in working ear... tones are about the same but
everything is muffled... I have tapered off prednisone to my lupus maintenance dose and
hear no better for having the dose upped for a while...

I have a feeling he will once again tell me this is just the way things are as he has said of
facial issues and headaches... I am tired of hearing wait... hearing the TV is hard and use closed
captions most of the time ... I think I would like to try BAHA or Transear but he says they are not
necessary and I can function with one ear... I might could if it were not failing me ...I put in to
insurance to locate a new doctor and was hoping to get an answer before this appointment rolled
around but haven't...

I was happy with him before ,during and after surgery but don't think he is who I
need to see about hearing loss in working ear... I thought it should be jumped on instead of the
continued lets wait a full year attitude of his... loss started to be noticeable in September and is
worse now... what is it gonna be by July??

Sorry for grumbling ...just anxious and mad and not wanting to be totally deaf if I can help it
Wish me luck tomorrow
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery