Author Topic: 2nd opinion  (Read 3619 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
2nd opinion
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:06:16 pm »
Oh what a day!

I had my 2nd opinion today.  The Dr was amazing.  He went through all of the CT scans and the MRIS.  The amount of time he spent with me explaining and showing the facial neuroma, put my mind at ease.  He told me I need to be watched closely, every 4 months.  He can see some facial weakness.  I see it all the time.  He also recommended topamax for headaches.   He repeatedly said FSR and GK will not help me, because the neuroma is on the entire nerve and that at least 4-6cm of the nerve is affected.

Why didn't the other Dr tell me this.  All he said was he needed to operate, remove the nerve and nerve graft.  I had to make another appointment so I could have some clarification.  He brushed me off.  I felt like I was wasting his precious time. 

So now I know I will need surgery at some point in time.  I will go to Toronto and I will have this Dr perform the surgery.  He made me feel like he really cared about me.

Windsong, thank you for referring this Dr. 

Adrian and Sam ......... waiting to hear Sam is awake and the surgery was successful!

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Windsong

Re: 2nd opinion
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 04:20:41 pm »
Hi Ann Marie!  :)

(I came on right now to read and then saw your post and I want you to know I am very happy that you got answers and  care today)....must be telepathy lol time wise, as I was busy making dinner and wrapping some birthday presents....and there was your update...

You've probably had a long day so put your feet up and relax if you can.... order something in for dinner if that's easier .....

(I was going to call you last night and wish you well but I couldn't find your tel no from before, but if you still have mine you can call me   whenever etc.....

Big hugs,
windsong