Author Topic: *Update* Surgery Scheduled Sept 6th  (Read 34528 times)

Battyp

Re: *Update* Surgery Scheduled Sept 6th
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2007, 09:09:26 pm »
You know the way I figure it I can drive there in 3 hours. Ok, so really my mommy can drive me there in 3 hours   :D
Sam and Adrain you know we are sending you warm fuzzy's and loving prayers your way.

Big hugs,
M

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2007, 11:01:27 pm »
I, too, have logged in hoping to read some news of Adrian. 

Hope we hear from Sam soon.  Let's keep up the prayers and good thoughts.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

satman

« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2007, 07:39:20 am »
does anybody live in the area where Adrian is at ?
if someone was to call the hospital to check on his status,would they tell us ?
then again,i dont even know his last name,i would like an update.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

linnilue

« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2007, 08:30:50 am »
Hi Everybody,  I too am a very nervous mother hen.  The more time that passes the more concerned I become.  I agree with Satman, is anybody living in that area that could drive over and find out what is happening?  These two are like family to us at this point.  I too have logged on day and night and now I awake on Saturday to no news again, oy vey.  God be with them.  I think I will go to Mass tonight and say a few prayers for them.  This is so unlike Sam not to post.  I just hope that she is very tired and is getting some long awaited rest and that's why we haven't had an update.  Holly   
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

aardvark

« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2007, 09:06:46 am »
A letter from Dr. Bartels that they posted on the 24th includes Adrian's last name - it's xxxxx if anybody in the area thinks the hospital might give out some general info.  Anything at all. 

aa

Please accept apologies for omitting his last name....as person's private info should not be posted due to security on the internet... I hope you all understand..... unless they give authorization... please keep this in mind... thanks. Phyl
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:30:33 am by ppearl214 »
1.5cm X 1.0cm Left Side AN  Dx 8/05
CK at Stanford 9/05   Drs. Chang & Gibbs

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #125 on: September 08, 2007, 09:24:37 am »
I, too, have been checking several times a day hoping to see a new message from Sam.  I'm getting anxious, but I'm sure her time is being spent with Adrian.  His surgery was long and it was only a few days ago.  I'm sure he's either still in ICU or just getting out of it.

I don't think the hospital will release information to anyone due to the HIPPA rules.  Most times now, they won't even tell family members medical information.

Wasn't there a member who lived in the area who had talked about visiting Adrian in the hospital?  Perhaps that's a good course of action.  Otherwise, we'll just have to be patient.
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #126 on: September 08, 2007, 09:35:23 am »
been looking for the updates as well........ sending wishes for a very speedy recovery.....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tripsplus6

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2007, 09:39:19 am »
You might be able to get some update if you call Tampa General Hospital and ask for the ICU Family Lounge or Waiting area.  Probably could ask if they have a separate Neuro ICU otherwise just their Surgical ICU, the Patient Information desk would probably tell you which one.  Otherwise, just have them connect you with the appropriate family waiting area and people in there often answer the phone, or a person at that desk, and ask to speak to a family member for Adrian Lenti.  You could also ask if there is a Samantha you could speak to, etc.  Hopefully get an update that way.  Most ICU's have such horribly restricted visiting hours that most of the time you should be able to reach at least one friend or family member (or Sam) in that waiting area.  Try that and let us know.  I could try it, but I have not communicated with them as closely as some of the rest of you have.  I know we are all dying here to get an update, and rightly so, it's like family by now.
                                    Terri

pattibobatti

« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2007, 09:59:05 am »
I just posted all of you to tell you that I had just talked to Sam... I guess it got lost...\

Anyway!  He's Fine!!!  He was in surgery for 15 hours.  He has some facial paralysis.  Sam said he looks like Sylvester Stallone when he talks.. The doctors think it will get much better.  They left a little bit of the tumor in, so he will need radio therapy in a year.

Sam sounded great on the phone... She was up 40 hours straight.  She thinks she can get on the computer tomorrow. She does not have any access while they are in the ICU.  I did tell her that we were concerned and that so many will be happy with the news.....

I told her to give a great big hug to her man from all of us!!!!
Okay, now we can all breathe!!!

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2007, 10:45:24 am »
To Everyone On This List:

We are a "Graticule!"  We are the "pantograph" in this case for, Adrian.

Thank you so much.......

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

linnilue

« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2007, 11:09:55 am »
Oh My God...what great news.  My hat's off to Patti for having the resources to get the answers to us.  Thank you.  Now I can breathe.  I am so relieved, this is wonderful.  Now, let's celebrate and Thank God.  Holly 
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

marg

« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2007, 11:49:35 am »
Thank you Patti.....boy if I ever need serious help getting some info.  I am going to have you help me.   
           Great  job getting the latest information for the rest of Sam and Adrian's  AN family.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2007, 08:09:08 pm »
Patti -

thanks so much for the update.  A lot of us will sleep a little better tonight.

Jan

mema

« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2007, 07:30:28 am »
Sam and Adrian,                                                                                                                                                                       

Was I ever on pins and needles.  My computer decides to crash or sonething on Sept. 5th.  Thought I did something to it.  I only go on the computer for ANA.  Well our server tells me its not my fault and its happening to others so will just have to wait it out.  I could only keep praying for you guys.                                                                                                                                                         
So glad when I finally got on to hear the surgery is over.  How awful to have to wait 15 hours Sam.  You guys are so remarkable.  The strength you have showed gives us all renewed strength.  Adrian has the best team to help him through this.  That's you Sam.               
Still can't get to my private e-mail.   Will still be at Tampa General on the 11th.  Mixed feelings about that. First and upmost hope you guys aren't there, but home recovering nicely.  Secondly if  you are there can't wait to see you both!                                             

mema           
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2007, 11:28:26 am »
Good to hear the news on Adrian.  Thanks for the update.  *whew*

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode