Hi everyone. I went to Gainesville Florida today for my visit with Dr. Antonelli. I have now been moved to the watch and wait status. He
felt that since I have no symptoms except the hearing loss in the left ear, and due to the size of my AN, that waiting would be my best
option. Does that mean that from now on I need to post under the watch and wait status? I will need to have another MRI in approx
one year to see if there has been any growth, or if I start experiencing any other symptoms, then I am to get in touch with him. I was
very impressed....with him being a specialized surgeon, I thought he would opt for the surgery right off, but he didn't. He was telling me
that in the future, most of the AN treatment is going to revert over to radiation....of course he didn't really explain the reasoning for this
to me, and I guess I should have asked. So, I am somehow more relaxed, but do not feel totally out of the woods just yet if you know
what I mean.