Author Topic: Strange feeling in left arm.  (Read 3891 times)

Mia

Strange feeling in left arm.
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:07:47 pm »
Had GK in May this year. Are doing ok, except som headache.
Yesterday I got a kind of tickling or like the  left arm are going to fall a sleep, still have it.
Have someone had it like this?
Think I am going to call the doctor tomorrow if it not goes away.

Mia
Right AN 2,1cmx1,8cmx2,1cm
GK 22/5-07, Bergen, Norway
November-07  2,3cmx2,0cmx2,3cm
November-09  2,5cmx2,0cmx2,6cm
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm

Yvette

• Yvette
Re: Strange feeling in left arm.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 05:07:16 pm »
Hi Mia, I only had that feeling before surgery. Let us know what your doc says. Take care, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

linnilue

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 07:08:54 pm »
Oh yes, I had/have that, it comes and goes.  Today my husband noticed I was really dragging my left leg and my arm/ was tingling.  I have had this intermittently for more than 2 years.  But you should call your neurologist and talk to him about it.  I had linac and I had damage from the radiation.  I'm not saying that that is your case at all, it is just my experience but let your doctor know tomorrow.
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Mia

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 07:37:48 am »
Hello

The doctor means it has nothing to do with my AN. So I hope it will just go away.

Mia
Right AN 2,1cmx1,8cmx2,1cm
GK 22/5-07, Bergen, Norway
November-07  2,3cmx2,0cmx2,3cm
November-09  2,5cmx2,0cmx2,6cm
May-10 2,4x1,9x2,4cm

Lorenzo

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 07:52:47 am »
interesting that. I have the same kind of problem, on and off, in my right hand and right foot. AN is on left. Haven't mentioned it to the docs here, they'll probably just laugh at me (behind my back, face to face they'll just ignore me instead!), maybe I should mention it to Stanford, they'd have a much better response. Then again, might be too much work on the PC!

I'll be interested to see what other have to say here.

Ciao, Lorenzo

linnilue

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 02:39:11 pm »
Hello

The doctor means it has nothing to do with my AN. So I hope it will just go away.

Mia
    Oh Boy,  Haven't we all heard that "tune" before?!!  Everything will go away, won't it?!  I'm being a bit sarcastic here but these doctors all sing the same song.  Nothing ever has anything to do with the AN does it???  Come on everybody, chime in here!!!  Holly
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

Lorenzo

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:39:42 pm »
oh ya, like 'there's nothing wrong with your ear.' or 'the hearing loss is age related' or 'fatigue?' no answer to that particular one , 'tinnitus and hearing loss? must have been a virus'. Yes, I think we all had those kind of stories. Mind you, tingling could be other thngs too I guess...

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:30:14 pm »
I have been having the "tingling" in my left arm and hand for the past few weeks.  Glad to see I'm not the only one.  I also have the dragging leg.  I have a doctor appointment tomorrow.....................I'll let you know how many tests are order.  The doctor I am seeing is the smart one.  She listened to me when I kept falling and running everyone off the sidewalk when we walked side by side.  The first test she ordered after checking me out was an MRI and she found what she guessed was there.  I wouldn't trade her in for nine "hot" doctors!!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT