Author Topic: my mother just had surgery  (Read 8289 times)

Boppie

Re: my mother just had surgery
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 07:21:52 pm »
I have low blood pressure and it was very low when I had the surgery.  I didn't want to wake up or eat to get out of ICU.  I just took orders to get going from my husband.  I was told my blood calcium was very low, too.  But I wanted to get home.  So eating and ddrinking became the bribes they used to get me out of there.

It would help if your Mom would drink fluids to get her tongue and throat moving.  Her tongue is probably very numb.  I swore I had been burned in my mouth, becasue my tongue hurt so bad.  Eating is not so rewarding because her taste sense will be "off".  Get her some chocolate pudding, not too cold, not too hot.  I am thinking about your Mom.  She needs lots of help and quiet peace at home, and someone to cook small meals for her, and keep the fluids going. 

wbcn34

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:21 pm »
thank you  :) she is eating a little bit now  i am just worred about ehr blood pressure   and guess what i cant cook :'( i am sure things will get better for her i am glad i came here you folks are helping me get through this  :)

lora

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 08:03:55 am »
I will have to say I had blood pressure issues before surgery, but at least they were controlled.  After surgery we are STILL fighting to get it under control--med changes and all.  I have seen where other folks have also had b/p problems.
4.7cm x all over my head, filling 4th ventricle, squashing the brainstem
translab by the awesome Dr.Tomaras 4/12/07
retrosigmoid, Drs. Tomaras and Steuer 6/4/07
GK in Oct. for the little bit left?
2007--the year of the head "what a long, strange trip it's been"

wbcn34

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2007, 05:15:43 am »
hello here is a update her blood pressure went up a little dr mckenna told her she could be dizzy for the next few weeks  the puffnees
in her her face is going down a little each day  her face sank just a little bit she is finally startong to eat  alittle bit the pain in her jaw she had before her surgery is gone  she  had really bad pain for 6 months in her nerve the tummor was pressing agaisnt her nerve thank god the tumor is out  she is going to stay at the mass general for anther three to four days so they can control her blood pressure
then is going to rehab to learn to get her balance back    :)

Michael R.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 09:47:56 pm »
Hi

I just went through what your mother is going through. One of the drugs they were giving me had a side effect of lowering blood pressure, consequently the nurses are checking blood pressure every three hours, along with giving meds. Which doesn't allow your mother to get a real good nights sleep. I hope your mother is doing better.

Michael
10 X 12 neuroma removed July 6th, 7hrs 45min by Drs. Barker  & Poe
tumor was attached to auditory nerve resulting in total loss of hearing in left ear.
Doctors and MGH staff were great.

wbcn34

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 05:03:33 am »
my mother is slowley getting better and yes it was the pills that she was on that caused low blood presere i am hearing nothing but great things about dr barker she in now in rehab spaulding learning to get her balance back :)