Author Topic: 2 appointments, any opinions on the doctors?  (Read 3944 times)

Peggy

2 appointments, any opinions on the doctors?
« on: July 16, 2007, 10:31:59 am »
 I have 2 appoint. in Aug, one on the 13 at the univ of Penn with doctor Michael Ruckenstein, I have'nt read anything about him as far as people using him I just found him on the web site for the univ of Penn, on the 15th of Aug I will be seeing Dr. Willcox at Jefferson University,   Does anyone have any experience with either of these two?  I do have some hearing loss in my left ear from what I'm reading I won't get that back correct?  I can deal with that.  If anyone has experience at either place could ya let me know how they went.  I live in NJ so Philadelphia is only about 20 minutes away, so either place is no big deal to go to.  I think it's a good ideal to go to both places/doctors to see different treatment options and who I feel more comfortable with , agree?

thanks

peg

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: 2 appointments, any opinions on the doctors?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:53:41 am »
I don't know anything about Dr. Ruckenstein, unfortunately.

The only thing I know about Dr. Wilcox is that I met him at the Symposium in Philly last weekend (Jefferson University was the host this year).  He's experienced, and seems to advocate taking a watch-and-wait approach whenever possible.  You can ask hiim about being at the Symposium if you want and what he thought about it.  Might give some insight into how he approaches his relationships with patients and other AN doctors.

Good luck!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

FlyersFan68

Re: 2 appointments, any opinions on the doctors?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 02:52:59 pm »
Hi Peg (neighbor),
  I had surgery at Jeff. and doing well 3 1/2 years later. There are others here that had treatments at HUP. It was nice to see that both places made the top hospital list for 2007. Second opinions are always a good idea. If I can be of any help feel free to send an email. FlyGuy