Author Topic: neurosurgeon?  (Read 3785 times)

gordy

neurosurgeon?
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:33:35 pm »
just wondering if people that have had gamma knife surgery if a neurosurgeon was used in the process. thanks.

macintosh

Re: neurosurgeon?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:25:02 pm »
I had LINAC radiosurgery, supervised by a neurosurgeon.

linnilue

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:54 pm »
This is protocol.  Neourosurgeons map the tumor for the radiooncologist. 
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

gordy

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 08:30:32 pm »
thanks for the feed back. now on this site i read, after i asked the question that in radiation therapy a nerotoligist is used with the radiation oncologist. is a neurologist the same as a doctor who is a otology and a neuro-otologic skull base surgeon? thanks for any fed back.

Mark

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 09:35:50 pm »
The other members of the radiosurgery team are the physcists who actually do the software programming after the guidance from the neurosurgeon and radiation oncologist. It takes a village  ;D

Mark
CK for a 2 cm AN with Dr. Chang/ Dr. Gibbs at Stanford
November 2001

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 01:03:44 am »
Yes, it does take a village.  Nothing makes you feel special like having all these high powered doctors and nurses on your "Team AN".  My neurologist referred me to the neurosurgeon who referred me to the other neurorsurgeon who went over my treatment options and recommended GK and then he is one of the doctors who works his magic with the staff from Gamma Knife Center of Oregon which includes Dr. Seung, medical director of the center, and Dr. Bader (my dr.)a radiation oncologist who set up the radiosurgery program at Providence.  And then the star of the show for me was Ms Ryan, nurse coordinator who is the "patient handler".  it's quite an interesting experience.  Too bad I was in LaLa Land most of the time.  Then you realize how high powered they really are when you see their bill! Yikes.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

NF-2er

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 06:39:15 pm »
Hi;

At the facility I attend, the nuerosurgeon who reviews my MRIs and would do surgery, also is the GK dept. director.
   Best wishes!

NF-2er

just wondering if people that have had gamma knife surgery if a neurosurgeon was used in the process. thanks.