Author Topic: Mum's op was a success - was over in 3 and a half hours, thank you Lord!  (Read 4588 times)

claireb

I am so happy right now.  My sister called me a while a go and she told me that the surgeon spoke to  them and told them that my mum' s op was a success. the operation was meant to take 6 hours but it only took them 3 and a half hours cause they found no complication.  they had to leave a bit of it as it was on the facial nerve and on the brain stem.  he said whatever they left should not cause any problems or complications, but if they were removed my mum would have had facial paralysis.  now they are sending the AN to the lab just to confirm whether it's malignant( I thought AN were always benign?) the surgeon was very pleased with the operation and from what he told me sister the AN is benign but just to be sure they are sending it to the lab.  i am so happy right now I can cry. I have been tense for over 6 months not knowing the outcome and being away from them really sucks.  right now my mum is in the ITU for observsation but she is already talking to them abit.  The surgeon said that the balance and the facial numbess will  be back to normal in due time, so fingers crossed that all will be well. I want to thank you all SOOOOOO much for all the moral support that you have offered my family.  i will keep you posted.

God is so good, thank you God

Claire

cookiesecond

Oh Claire,
I am so happy to hear this good news. I praise God with you. He I so GOOD.We will continue to lift you guys in prayer. I pray for a speedy recovery.
Relax and enjoy your day,
Lynn

claireb

thanks Lynn.  I definetly need to relax now cause I have been tense so much lately.  I have a four year old girl, Katelyn, and a seven month old, Kristina and they both keep me very busy but at least I can relax and enjoy my time with them more now.
Claire

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
I'm thrilled to hear the good news! 

And, as far as I know, all surgeons will send part of the AN to pathology to confirm the diagnosis.  My surgeon (who has done hundreds upon hundreds of AN surgeries) told me he would do this, but he added that in all his patients who he diagnosed with an AN the lab report *never* came back differently.  They're covering all bases, but it doesn't mean they suspect a problem. 

Now take it easy, relax, and I'm sure your mom is now on the road to recovery.

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Congrats on the good news about your mum's surgery.  Best wishes to her for a quick recovery time and that no serious issues remain.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Boppie

This is the best news.  I am so happy for you and your Mum, Claire.  Older ANers can take strength from this example. 

marg

Oh Claire, I am so happy for your mum ( I have been praying for her and all of you the last couple of weeks ... every time I saw my note on the kitchen calendar "Claire's mum surgery in London").  We all rejoice with you, her and the rest of your family.  The hardest part is over .... waiting and surgery.. now on to recooperation.  I'm sure she will do great with all of you there to support her.  I am 6 weeks post surgery and my balance is much better .... my facical  paralysis is getting much better too.   Your mum should do great.
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Hi, Claire:

I was thrilled to read your post and the good news regarding your mum's AN surgery.  Our individual and collective prayers were certainly answered.  I heartily agree that God is good and cares about His creation.  I'm so glad that you acknowledge Him.

3½ hours is quite brief, as these surgeries go.  AN tumors are usually benign, but there is always that very rare chance that one is not, so they have to be tested in order to rule out the possibility of a malignancy.  I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sure that your mum will be fine, just as the surgeon stated.  Now, try to relax and prepare to celebrate her homecoming.  :)

Jim

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:59:12 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.