Author Topic: Posteria Fossa  (Read 2374 times)

McHarris

Posteria Fossa
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:26:08 pm »
Hi all can you help with some info on arachnoid cyst in the posteria fossa 5.5cm x1.1cm Symtoms nausia dizziness headache, treatment ect,Im in Australia

kippy6

Re: Posteria Fossa
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:34:41 pm »
Hi there - I had an arachnoid cyst in addition to my tumor. Both were surgically removed (in the same surgery) last year in July 2006. What treatment are they recommending? My tumor was 3 cm, and my arachnoid cyst was also about 3cm. You might receive a little more comments if you post with arachnoid cyst as the subject. But I believe an arachnoid cyst is pretty rare, so you still may not get the amount of replies you are hoping for. You are welcome to e-mail me as well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 10:36:25 pm by kippy6 »
AN surgery July 19, 2006
for 3cm AN and arachnoid cyst (right side)
Translab surgical approach
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger
House Ear Insititute

mar50

Re: Posteria Fossa
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:42:18 am »
Hi McHarris - I had an archanoid cyst, removed via posterior fossa, and then GK for the AN last year (June for the surgery, October for the GK).  This was the advice of two nerosurgeons.  Seemed logical to me, and I'm glad it's what I chose (initally I was going to have both removed surgically).  Much of my hearing was preserved, minor facial paralysis, very minor balance problems.

Please feel free to e-mail me or ask any questions.  I wasn't in touch with anyone who had undergone the same prior to my surgery, and I would have loved some insight.  Good luck in your decision and recovery!