Author Topic: question about summer activities after 1 year surgery  (Read 3400 times)

BB

question about summer activities after 1 year surgery
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:47:23 pm »
Just wondered if anyone has experienced this. After floating in the water park but yet using my legs more than i have in a year, I have no problem in the water and is quite a free feeling, much like being so unbalanced. when I take the first step on dry land from the water I have a strange feeling like my legs are not working and can't move them.  After a short time I make it to set down, and everything goes back to normal.  Just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything like this.  No pain in my legs, just like a disconnect from my brain to the movement of my legs.  Going to call the doctor about it, but just wondered with summer if anyone has had this trouble.  Just wondered if it's from getting too much action for the legs, since surgery.  Just wanted to hear some thoughts.  Thanks, BB

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: question about summer activities after 1 year surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:42:35 am »
BB,

Can't guve you an answer to your inquiry as the same feelings happen to me only after walking 30 minutes outside.  I figured it's all the stimuli entering my brain combined with the nystagmus so I sometimes will walk with a cane for more support so I don't fall backwards.  I'm also interested in seeing if anyone else experiences this and what it could be. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

BB

Re: question about summer activities after 1 year surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 10:57:33 pm »
ARUSHA, JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THE LEG THING IS GETTING BETTER WITH TIME.  HOPE YOU FIND THAT THE SAME THING HAPPENS FOR YOU TOO.  I THINK FOR ME IT WAS JUST THE SHOCK OF SO MUCH MOVEMENT IN A DIFFERENT WAY IN THE WATER.  WE MAY NEVER KNOW.  JUST HOPE IT KEEPS IMPROVING.  BB