Author Topic: baha  (Read 2219 times)

utopia

baha
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:21:13 pm »
i need a bone anchored hearing aids soon and not looking forward tot he surgery can any one help thats been thro this experience

luv2teachsped

Re: baha
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 05:13:34 pm »
utopia:
 I had my BAHA implant April 18,2007.I was awake during the entire surgery, which was only about 30-45 minutes long. The only thing I can actually complain about is I had severe headaches for about a month.  Yet, I have a friend who also had her Baha implant 3 weeks ago, and never a headache. You will have to keep the wound site clean, and they will give you a little brush to keep around the abutment clean. That's about it!  Here's a great web site, I found to be a tremendous help.www.baha-users-support.com/.I am scheduled to get my processor August 9,and can't wait.  I will get to start school (I am a 2nd grade teacher) with my BAHA.  Good Luck!  Let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be glad to talk. luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Pembo

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 07:56:51 am »
I had the Baha implant surgery in Sept 2005. I was put to sleep. I went into surgery around 9 am and was back home after an hour drive from the hospital by lunch time. I had a bad headache the first 24 hours and very mild headaches for the first few weeks, controllable with otc Tylenol. Feel free to pm me with any questions.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

1wareagle

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 02:53:31 pm »
I had my BAHA surgery in Jan. 07 and got the processor in April. It has been a great help. I am amazed at all I can hear with my finger in my good ear. Direction is still a problem and noisy enviroments too! If I can help with any questions just PM me.

Ellis
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)