Author Topic: Ear Fullness  (Read 7495 times)

Catflower

Ear Fullness
« on: June 04, 2007, 01:56:40 pm »
For those of you who had the "ear fullness" after surgery:  how long did it take for it to go away.  I'm 7 weeks post op and I still feel like my left ear is stopped up; like it has cotton stuffed in it.  I've missed two ENT appointments due to being back in the hospital, but I'm determined to make the one scheduled on June 11th.

vcschaub

Re: Ear Fullness
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 04:11:56 pm »
My ear fullness disappeared about 2 months after my surgery. It returned about two months later, albeit, not as full, but still annoying. The doctors said it was new fluid retention and put me on a diuretic. The diuretic did not help. However, the fullness diminished after another month. I occasionally get a full ear feeling, especially after a long day and work at a computer, but it is not constant as it was after surgery. I have to admit that it was the most annoying post surgery symptom and thank goodness it did fade away.
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 05:25:01 pm »
almost 3 yrs post op and still have ear fullness. esp. during stormy weather,  every one of us is have different results, and different issues to deal with after surgery.  Hope your "full ear" goes away soon.  Did you get tinnitus?

Patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

amel

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 12:23:47 am »
I had ear fullness for about four weeks, but after it got better - the tinnitus was so much louder.  I'm not sure which was worse!  It looks like everyone's experiences vary.  However, the numbness on the affected side remains. 

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 07:15:24 am »
I am 2.5 years post surgery and the full feeling has not gone away, and seems my good ear has developed this fullnes along with constant tinnitus, popping, leaking and pulsing sounds.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Yvette

• Yvette
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 01:49:44 am »
Hi Cat, my fullness improved greatly as the months went by after surgery, but I still get it from time to time, albeit more mildly. How did your appt go yesterday? Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Catflower

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 12:44:57 pm »
Hi Cat, my fullness improved greatly as the months went by after surgery, but I still get it from time to time, albeit more mildly. How did your appt go yesterday? Yvette

I guess my appointment went OK.  I didn't come out of it knowing any more than when I went in.  There's no hearing in my right ear and he didn't have an answer for the fullness in my left ear.  I do think it is improving.  We will re-evaluate my hearing in December and decide what type of a device would be most beneficial.

itsjustdeb

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:04 pm »
I am now 5 years post-op and I still have fullness in my ear. However, I have grown accustomed to it and it really doesn't bother me unless I lay on that ear for a long period of time.

NF-2er

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 10:42:19 pm »
Hi;

I think aural fullness and ear compromise go hand in hand and may be a lifetime on, then off, venture for some.
   Sometimes there is Eustachion Tube involvement as one ages. No best Txs here that I know of or would utilize one as I have ET Dysfunction.
   Best wishes to all; Even you NF-2er  : )

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:21:19 pm »
Even who?

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW