Author Topic: 18 year old digagnosed today SURGERY UPDATE  (Read 15363 times)

robynabc

Re: 18 year old digagnosed today SURGERY UPDATE
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2007, 07:10:54 pm »
Thank you Jim for your words.  Jim you were very istrumental in my decision making for Eric's doctors.  You gave me a ton of information.  I will tell you that I learned alot from this experience.  I am a natural researcher so that was something that helped us.  It was very upsetting for me and I cannot imagine how hard it is for you guys when you are researching for yourself.  There were times that I felt that doctors didn't understand how emotional it is and there is one place that pressured us hard and I don't agree with that.   We are very vulnerable and emotional during this time and it is really hard.  I was persistant and listened to my intuition and what made sense to me. That made all of the difference. I had to sift through what made sense and what didn't and I did not take anyone's word for it.   

Peace to you all and I am here to help in anyway I can too.

Thank you to you all on this forum.  You all helped us immensely.
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.