Author Topic: Wouldn't do the MRI!  (Read 3228 times)

Pembo

Wouldn't do the MRI!
« on: April 30, 2007, 05:43:17 am »
I was at the hospital by 6:45 am for my 3 yr MRI and they wouldn't do it because of my Baha implant. The tech took xrays of my head, saw the implant and the mesh that is now my skull and said she couldn't do the mri without the radiologist's approval or my operative report. The radiologist doesn't come in until 8 am and she wouldn't even try to call the dr's office even though I told her they are there at 7. GRRR....

I got all psyched up for nothing..........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Palace

• Palace
Re: Wouldn't do the MRI!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:06:59 am »
 >:(  Pembo,

That is disappointing.  So, when do you think you can get it?  Do you know anything yet?  I hope you didn't have to drive far away for nothing? 

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 09:25:43 am »

Did you try to explain that you've had MRI's before... the BAHA is not a problem !!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 09:34:28 am »
Luckily the hospital is only abou 15 mins from home and I saw 5 deer in a field on the way and it was sunny this morning.

I have a call into my drs office. The secretary is waiting to talk to him about what she needs to fax to the hospital so I can get this done.

Joef - my last MRI was done 4 months before my BAHA.

Anyone out there with a baha that got a card that says you can have MRI's? I read on line that we should have one. I didn't get one.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 11:20:41 am »

yep.. I have the card..  it has a phone number for questions... and states that a MRI can be taken with no issues (with the sound processor off of course)

I've had about 3 MRI's with the abutment in...and I'm still here!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Battyp

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 06:27:33 pm »
How frustrating!
pembo hope things work out!

I have to drive 3 hours for my mri's so I'd be very unhappy without one being done LOL

M

Pembo

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 09:09:07 am »
It's Thursday and the Mri was scheduled for Monday and I'm still trying to make sure everything is in order so I can reschedule. Joef - did the card come with your "box" for the BAHA? I need to look again.

Pembo

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 09:58:19 am »
Still playing phone tag, the drs office said they faxed something, the mri dept said they didn't get it...I'm glad this isn't an important MRI just routine. sheesh

I called Cochlear and they are shipping me out a "BAHA card". The way things are going I'll probably get that before the fax issue is resolved!  :D