Author Topic: Nocturnal headaches  (Read 14789 times)

jerseygirl

Re: Nocturnal headaches
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 05:40:00 pm »
Windsong,

I read this article awhile ago. I think this article talks about a specific type of migraine with auras. Most people with AN (or rather after AN) do not have auras as far as I know. We wake up and either have it or we don't. There are also some other types of pain associated with AN surgeries, like muscle tension and occipital. This article talks about vascular type of headache I believe which is not necessarily the case with a lot of ANers. However, it is interesting. I remember I was completely incapacitated with those headaches, barely able to speak and think. I was always wondering if those headaches are really doing damage to my brain. Maybe, ANY type of headache is brain damaging, so, yes, the doctors should take notice.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.