Author Topic: Help!! Does anyone know about Dr Mark Pyle at UW Hospital in Madison WI  (Read 7796 times)

Gwengal

Hello everyone!  I have just recently been diagnosed with my AN.  It is very small still 4 mm in my right ear. My ENT has referred me up to Dr. Pyle in Madison WI but I would love to know if anyone has used him before or heard about him.

I'm very scared because this is so new to me.  I know from reading the board that others have felt the same way which makes me feel better.

Any advise give would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Hi,

am unfamiliar with docs in WI who treat ANs.  I don't know where you are located, or if you wish to travel for treatment (some members do).   I'm from the Chicago area and I highly recommend The Ear Institute of Chicago (www.chicagoear.com)  Docs there who treat ANs are Wiet (currently a member of the ANA Medical Advisory Board) and Battista (performed my surgery).  Both docs have a very good reputation and lots of experience.  If you don't find someone in WI that you are comfortable with, you may want to check them out.

Being scared is a common feeling, hopefully this forum will help ease your fears.  It's great to "talk" to others who have the same issue.  You'll find lots of information and support here.

Good luck,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

gordy

hi gwen im wisconsin as well. i did see his name listed somewhere on the net while i was looking for doctors in wi. sorry i know nothing about him. i used one at freodert here in milwaukee. good luck to you.

Gwengal

Thank you both for answering.   

I'm located in Janesville WI which is very close to Chicago and Milwaukee.  This makes me feel much more comfortable.  After my appt at the UW I believe I will go for second and possibly a third opinion. 

I appreciate any advice or the experiences that others have gone through.  Thank you for replying back to me!!

gordy

gwen my dr.was wackym at frederate if yo9u need another opinion. let me know if you need a  number or anything elses.

Ellenmn

Sorry for getting on a little late but I just had surgery on 6/28.  I live in Illinois about and used the Ear Institute of Chicago as well. My doctor was Battista. I really liked the way he treats you as well as I believe they did a very good job. Dr. Battista is also very familiar with Radiation treatments which might be the best treatment for you since it's small.

dschweder

Re: Help!! Does anyone know about Dr Mark Pyle at UW Hospital in Madison WI
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:11:25 pm »
YES!!!   I know him very well.   He is very very good.  He removed an AN for me in 1995 and also removed two AN's from my sister all with very good results.  Let me know if you need any more information. 

Tell him I said hi when you go!

Dave Schweder