Author Topic: Cranio-Sacral Therapy  (Read 4998 times)

IAHeel

Cranio-Sacral Therapy
« on: April 01, 2007, 06:59:18 pm »
My wife had translab surgery at House in January. They are really terrific and she has had a wonderful outcome, except for headaches. She had pressure headaches from the beginning and three weeks after surgery, she started having more painful tension or muscle-contraction headaches. She tried Tylenol with codeine, Celebrex and over the counter remedies. She had some relief from a very low dosage of Elavil, an anti-depressant which helps alleviate the more severe headaches, but the pressure headaches remained.

But, she is realizing a lot of relief now from cranio-sacral therapy. She is going to a PT, who has been trained in this technique. Some docs will be skeptical of this alternative treatment, but it is working for her.

Fred

BeJoi

Re: Cranio-Sacral Therapy
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 08:07:16 pm »
Hi Fred,

Craniosacral therapy is wonderful and I'm so glad your wife is receiving this kind of alternative help.  Thought Doctors are very skilled, they don't know about everything.  I hope everything continues to go well for her.

Beverly

carol2007

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:26:29 pm »
I have had 2 1/2 months of cranial sacral therapy and it has really healped my sinus and headache pressure. I think has helped with my tone as well. Anything is worth a shot.  Carol

marie

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:41:23 pm »
Is Cranio-Sacral Therapy the same or similar to Bio Cranial ?  I've been getting bio cranial treatments for several months and have had wonderful and surprising results.
surgeries : back of head 1967,1987
               translab 1991
               bone reduction 2002
               7/12  1968
               temporalis transplant  1969

terracotta

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:43:00 am »
Would anyone mind descibing what it is like to have cranio-sacral therapy?
Terracotta