Author Topic: Today I began...  (Read 3866 times)

Musicman

Today I began...
« on: March 27, 2007, 03:06:20 pm »
I had my first of three rounds of CyberKnife this morning.  As many told me here, it was a "nothing" experience.  I wish I knew how to include a picture in this message.  I have a nice one of me on the table that might help others mentally prepare.  As others here have comforted me, the unknown is the most unnerving aspect of the treatements.  The more you know, the more comfortable you become with the process journey.  I was given a steroid pill afterwards, but as of yet I have noticed no "effect": no change in appetite, no change in energy, no restlessness.  We'll see what tonight holds.  Two more treatments to go...then the wait for the follow-up MRI's!

Going good!  Going strong!  Thanks to everyone's kindness, wishes, prayers and support. 
17mm (still nice and small!!)
Received Diagnosis December 16, 2006
Currently scheduled for CyberKnife week of March 26, 2007

flier58

Re: Today I began...
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:59:51 pm »
Hi musicman,
Good to hear that all went well and you are doing fine.  2 more sessions nad you are done .... and than all of us will sit back with a little (or alot) margarita and watch this sucker die!!!!!!!. 
Flier58
PS
what was your choice of music.... we had a separate thread re. CK music :)

Musicman

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:25 pm »
PS
what was your choice of music.... we had a separate thread re. CK music

I brought my own:  Vanessa Williams Christmas Album.  Tomorrow I take the Katonna Twins (classical guitar) and I'm finishing up with Chuck Mangione and the Land of Make Believe (Live Concert recording!).

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 05:56:46 am »
Musicman, congratulations!  Ah, the steroids really should not affect you if you are only getting 1x/day for the 3 treatments.... but keep us updated.

So, did you peek at the "eye"?  I know it peeked at you :D  Congrats on keeping with holiday theme music as well.

I have pics of me on the treatment table on my frappr page (see link in sig line below) and can't wait to see your's.

Hang in there and hoping you get a good snooze during treatment!  On the road to wellness and being a "postie" (post-treatment).  Funny, you are having it done during my 1 yr post CK treatment and I'm doing great and signs of tumor death. I'm taking this as a great sign! :)

Congrats!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 05:21:21 pm »
Musicman- you need to be the music consultant for Stanford- really nice selection of cds... hope all is going well!  Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Musicman

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:52:06 pm »
Thanks to all.  I'm done with treatment and now we begin the waiting game.  I was told the goal is to zap at least 95% of the tumor.  My chart shows they got 98.4%.  Definitely an advantage of having a little guy.