Author Topic: ear infection  (Read 2245 times)

lmurray69

ear infection
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:28:07 pm »
Sorry that i have not been on here. But i have been very sick. I got a ear infection in the AN ear. They put me on the wrong antibiotic and I got sicker.. It is horable. the pain meds vicaton puts you to sleeep so you sleep all day. eat and sleep some more. so i went and got another antibiotic and it is working so far. Please make sure you protect the AN  ear, put cotton in the AN  ear. when you go out. that is how i got it infected. even water in there can really tear up the ear. The DR here said I was lucky that I caught when I did.. I did not  desert you all. My husband and I are going to try and go out in the motorhome..for a few trips to see how i do..I will have the laptop.  Oh also I wanted to tell you I had to try andr un the other day. now mind you I am 55 yrs old , and this little chawawa. darted outi n the street well I was a mess. I cant run .I found out i go sideways .It drove me nuts.All most flat on my face. They didnt know weather to grab me or the dog,,TEE Hee WE all need a laugh.
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Palace

• Palace
Re: ear infection
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:52 am »
Hello,  :o

I'm hoping you are doing better now.  My water behind the eardrum situation seems better.  It was surely painful.  

Please post how you do if you climb elevations in your "big-rig."  I find that bothers me now and causes more pressure.

Good luck on your rides on the outside.    :)

Palace
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:11:35 am by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Dealy

Re: ear infection
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:11:18 am »
After my surgery 18 years ago on my first An my ear canals got smaller-nobody can tell me why- they are the size of a one year old child-very small. As a matter of fact when I went to KC too have ABR tests 2 years ago-the guy used what look like a nut cracker too pry my one ear open too get the balloon in without sucess until ENT did something too open it up. If i get a drop of water in either ear-even today I get seroius infections-very dangerous-so I always wear cotton balls in the shower or when having a haircut. This can go too the middle ear and spread havouc. Thanks for posting this-I had forgot about my tiny ear canals. Ron