Author Topic: Mark Ruffalo - Actor  (Read 28836 times)

LADavid

Re: Mark Ruffalo - Actor
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 09:10:48 pm »
Actually, my hearing loss did affect my acting ability.  I had to know scripts inside and out to know the timing if someone was speaking on my SSD side.  Fortunately (or unfortunately money-wise) my lines were generally simple and I didn't have to exchange much dialogue.  It was much tougher working as Jack Nicholson's stand-in.  The nosie on a set from the lighting team and the grips is incredible during scene set-up.  Hearing aids ampify everything and it was impossible to sort through the nosie.  I worked with Mark very briefly on Zodiac.  I didn't notice that he had a problem with hearing.  As far as his involvement with the AN community, I've made my cynical point before.  Actors lives and personal involvement off-set are handled by PR managers.  If an AN isn't important enough to them, it doesn't get mentioned.  My guess, at 3500 cases a year, it's not important enough.  Michael J Fox and Parkinsons Disease is a bigger issue.  As I said -- cynical.  But I do know Hollywood.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 09:13:57 pm »
Thanks for the insight on this topic, David.

You're a little closer to walking in Mark's shoes than any of the rest of us, so I liked hearing your opinion.

BTW, want to go see a rugby game in Tasmania with me and Lori's husband, James?  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2008, 09:16:02 pm »
Hey David,
I think Jan is asking you for a hot date...
*whispers to Lori "It's about time..."*   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2008, 09:29:12 pm »
Is that what I just did?  :-[

I thought I was just being humorous  :o

As long as you are analyzing my post, Kay, what is your interpretation of James' role in this?

Wait - maybe I shouldn't ask  ::)

Jan

Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2008, 09:31:04 pm »
Jan~
tickets to the game...connections...and chaperone, of course.... ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2008, 09:35:43 pm »
K -

a much "cleaner" explanation that I thought you'd give me  ;)

But I'm fearful of Lori's response to that same question when she reads this thread  :D

Jan

sgerrard

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2008, 10:53:35 pm »
Okay, you all, this isn't the dating game - or at least this topic isn't.

So back on the subject, I tend to agree that Mark Ruffalo should make the call on when he says what. Maybe he is saving his AN story for his first Oscar speech. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2008, 05:13:26 am »
Okay, you all, this isn't the dating game - or at least this topic isn't.

So back on the subject, I tend to agree that Mark Ruffalo should make the call on when he says what. Maybe he is saving his AN story for his first Oscar speech. :)

Steve

*ahem*

ditto folks! :)

Me thinks Mark Ruffalo is trying to do what so many others (AN'ers and such) try to do in life... just move on.  How many folks participated on this site years ago, but have noted that their AN's are now just part of who they are but move forward?  Me thinks Ruffalo is doing the same, so the focus is on his acting abilities, not his "disabilities" (ie: SSD, etc).

Again, only my 2 cents.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2008, 06:32:48 am »
Good point, Phyl.

But where would the forum be if we all just moved on  ???

BTW, no dating here, folks.  Just a figment of Kaybo's imagination.

Thanks for not moving us to AN Community - I seriously thought you would Phyl.

Jan

Kaybo

« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2008, 06:40:54 am »
Come on guys...I TOTALLY see the relevance (SP?) - David is an actor and knows all about that life and Jan wantes to better understand acting and AN's...what a better way??
 ???

;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2008, 09:25:04 am »
AH HA!  See - I wasn't one of the trouble makers this time!   :P

Lori... dusting off my halo... again...
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2008, 10:30:42 am »
I think that with all the celebrities standing up for their particular cause, such as breast cancer, colon cancer, bone problems, diabetes, heart problems, autism, Parkinson's, etc, that somehow most of us would like somebody in the public eye to stand up for OUR  cause.  I think that deep down inside, we all just wish somebody who is relatively "known" who has walked in our shoes would tell their story.  This, however weird it may seem, lends some kind of validation to "our story".  I suppose this comes under basic human behavior and our need to "band together" to face common problems.  Hence, a Forum.  Hence, WHERE IS OUR SPOKESPERSON?.    ;D

Sue in Vancouver USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Cheryl R

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2008, 10:58:56 am »
why not LA David?            He's perfect in how he gets the message across!

Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2008, 11:03:07 am »
Sue - you basically summed up exactly what I was trying to say. And Cheryl, I totally agree on your thoughts about David.

Lori - I didn't even think that you had a halo at this point in time

And K, I was just making an innocent joke about Tasmania  ::)  Oy vey!

Jan

lori67

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2008, 12:26:05 pm »
Yes, I vote for David too.  Besides, I think he's much more handsome than any of the aforementioned actors!

Jan, the halo is there...sometimes I just misplace it.... now where is that thing?   ???

Rugby anyone?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.