Author Topic: CK...Here I come!!  (Read 8602 times)

Musicman

Re: CK...Here I come!!
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 07:53:43 pm »
Thanks Annie.  They say everything went well....I have had almost no adverse reactions.  I did find that I got extremely tired about 10 hours after each treatment.
17mm (still nice and small!!)
Received Diagnosis December 16, 2006
Currently scheduled for CyberKnife week of March 26, 2007

Richey

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 05:38:25 pm »
after reading this discussion on CK. I started looking on the web a little. CK, GN, and Trilogy all claim to be the most accurate. Somebody isn't telling the truth or they are stating there facts very carefully like some of our politicians do to make a case for their product.
 I havn't asked my doctor about CK but I will and they have been doing adds on TV from the Atlanta area for CK.

Rich

Musicman

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 10:26:38 pm »
Absolutely!  The team is everything.  The most valuable of tools is only worth the ability of the operator(s).

Rich...

Kennestone Wellstar is now doing CK in the Atlanta area. I called them to look into it, and the person I spoke with was very nice; however, I didn't feel comfortable with some of the answers I got. They are new to CK, yet I was told that their CK director was the most experienced person in the area who treats ANs with radiation. I have a hard time believing that. Dr. Mattox at Emory has been doing ANs for a long time, and he has oodles of experience. I think most places try to hype their experience or equipment, so we have to really look around to get a good feel for what we are to believe and how we want to procede. I am convinced that CK is the most accurate, least invasive way to go, but you still have to have a team who has lots of experience....

Bruce
17mm (still nice and small!!)
Received Diagnosis December 16, 2006
Currently scheduled for CyberKnife week of March 26, 2007

Craig

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 02:57:23 pm »
Richie,

Healthcare is just like any other business. They have a product to sell and they believe in it so they tell you that their product is the best. I think radiation is the way to go with AN's. Whether you pick GK, CK or Trilogy, I think that any one of those will fufill your purpose which is to not have brain surgery. The three options all have just about the same accuracy so it is up to your gut to make the call. This site is CK biased but there is nothing wrong with that. CK has marketed themselves really well. I did the research and spoke to many doctors before coming to my decision.

I spoke to one doctor and he told me that it is like picking a Dodge or a Chevy. They both provide the same service to you. It is just what you feel more comfortable with. I chose Trilogy because it felt right. The hardest part about this whole process is picking your treatment. Once you do that, I guarantee that you will sleep better. Good luck to you.

Cheers,

Craig
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 05:17:04 pm »
All very good points gentlemen- thanks, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys