Author Topic: 19 years..... O L D  (Read 5840 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: 19 years..... O L D
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 08:29:48 am »
(Taylor, you hawt ticket, happy belated... and this was moved to AN Community.... sending you MAJOR belated bday huggles! Phyl)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 12:54:27 pm »
Happy Birthday Taylor!
Well, sweet one, if it will make you feel better, my birthday was March 1st and it was my 61st birthday. We are fellow Pisces, swimming this vast ocean of life together: sensitive, intuitive.... well I snagged this off of a horoscope site:

The ruler of Pisces is Neptune. Its symbol represents a pair of sea horses or sea lions yoked together. They dwell in the innermost regions of the sea, which is symbolic of life after death or regeneration. The image also represents a duality, the struggle of the spiritual soul within the physical body. In Pisces, these two natures are joined, yet very much separate. This conflict is sometimes an inhibition to natural expression.

Pisces are . . . is a difficult sentence to finish. There are so many kinds of Pisces. Strange statement? Yes, because Pisceans are the most malleable of the twelve signs. They possess a gentle, patient nature, but one that is in want of molding. They can be impressed by and completely absorbed into their environment. They are in need of a container which will shape them, guide them. Without this guiding form, this rudder, they tend to drift.

If, just for fun,  you want to see all of it, Taylor:

http://www.elore.com/Astrology/Study/pisces.htm

This is probably boring, but I'm going to tell this story anyway...On my 19th birthday I was living with my aunt and uncle and they'd gone on a little vacation leaving me "home alone" because I was going to school.  My friend decided that she needed to come over and bake me a cake and have some friends come over. My friend was always talented in the home arts and so she made me a "cut out" cake..she cut it into pieces and made it into a swan I think it was.  She covered it in shredded coconut.  Looked awesome!  Our friends showed up and she brought out the cake and I blew out the candles on it.  Well, the coconut wasn't "glued" onto the cake very well, and coconut went EVERYWHERE.  It would have made a great entry on America's Funniest Home Video's had we such a thing as video tape back in the dark ages.  I was so embarrased. 

Belated blessings to you and I hope this year brings joy to you. :)

Sue in Vancouver USA
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:49:40 am by Sue »
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:39 pm »
And a belated happy birthday to Sue.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2007, 01:08:41 am »
And I thank you, Laz.  My husband said, "Hey, next year you can get Social Security!"  I told him he just married me for my money.  ;D

Doesn't seem like it was that long ago that I had that 19th birthday.  Actually, now that I think about it...I think it was my 20th birthday with the cake incident.  Oh well....doesn't matter.  19th, 20th..  somewhere in there.  Now the 21st, I remember. Hawaii.  Beautiful pikaki 5 strand lei that my folks gave me and I wore it all day to work and I got such a headache because they are the most fragrant flowers! 

So I want a recount!  Where did the last 40 freakin' years go? Huh? 

Taylor, baby.....keep a journal, for Heaven's sake.  Write it (your wonderful positive life) down. Savor every minute.  Enjoy life. Don't let any of this AN garbage get you down.  Find your Bliss!  Visualize your goals and do all that positive stuff Oprah tells you to do.  Power of Positive Thinking kind of stuff.  Do yoga.  Find your inner calm.  Find a good person to love and who will love you back.  Be kind to children and animals.  Read good books.  Surround yourself with decent, loving people.  Learn something new.  And when 40 or 50 or 60 years have passed, and believe me, they will pass...Remember when you were just 19 and you were starting to live your life.  I hope you will be sitting there, in your new condo on the Moon surrounded by your loving family, gazing back on the Earth and thinking..."Wow, that was a fun ride!" 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode