Author Topic: House Ear Clinic  (Read 7623 times)

bobby

House Ear Clinic
« on: February 21, 2007, 02:16:20 pm »
I was originally diagnosed at OHSU in Portland Oregon, I havn't heared too many good things about OHSU or its surgeons.  I'm having a second opinion done at the House Ear Clinic in L.A.  Has anyong had their surgery done there?  I know they do more AN surgeries there than anywhere.  Is this the best place? any feed back is appreciated.  Thanks,
Bob

1wareagle

Re: House Ear Clinic
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 03:27:53 pm »
Welcome Bob,

I just got back from LA 8 weeks ago. The Doctors at House do this kind of surgery everyday, not once a month. We stayed in Seton Hall after my hospital stay and everyone there were there for the same reason. For peace of mind and expecience it's one of the top places you could go.
Ellis
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:13:01 pm by 1wareagle »
Ellis- Age 50- Mississippi
3.2 cm AN Translab w/ BAHA Surgery
@ House Ear Clinic - LA - 01/04/07    Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hilselberger, Dr. Stefan
Platinum weight in right eye-Dr. Roberts
Right side facial paralysis (slowly getting movements)

vcschaub

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 03:43:17 pm »
There are many on this forum who had their Acoustic Neuromas removed at House. You will probably hear from many of them. I am one of them and I can't say enough about the caring and skilled treatment I received there. My surgery was in Nov of 2005 with Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger. If you do a search on this forum you will find many postings on House. Good luck on your AN journey!
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 04:42:00 pm »
Hi Bob,
I have had surgery at House 3 years ago and am going back again in April. My doctors are Dr. Friedman and Dr. Hitselberger. I think that they are fabulous. My brother used Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger and he likes them. My father had AN surgery at OHSU 3 years ago and had a great outcome. Dr. McMenamee and Dr. Delashaw did his surgery. I met Dr. McMenamee and really liked him. Also, Dr. Schwarrtz, one of the House neurosurgeons, did a fellowship at OHSU with Dr. Deleshaw. Let me know if I can help in any way. Where are you in Oregon? I have family in the Willamette valley.
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 07:47:14 pm »
Hi Bob,

I had my GK at Providence at the Gamma Knife Center of Oregon.  I had great care from my neurosurgeon here in Vancouver to the ones at Providence.  But, then, I had radiosurgery and not microsurgery! 

Good luck with your decision and your eventual healing.

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Desilu

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 02:32:45 pm »
Hi Bob,

I also had surgery at House Ear Clinic in July 2005. The doctors are great! I had Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger. I still stay in touch with both of them. They always answer my emails and letters 1 1/2 years after surgery. They are very experienced in what they do and I can't say enough good about them. If you meet them you will know what I mean. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.  I am more than willing to help in anyway I can. I wish you the best!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

bobby

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 03:02:44 pm »
Jeff,
   Thanks for the info.  Are you saying that you, your brother, and father have all had AN's?  I was under the impression they were not heredetary.  Would it be possible for your father to email me so I can ask him questions about his experience at OHSU and the surgeons there?  bwhite1947@yahoo.com I live in Hood River its about three hours from Eugene.  thanks again Jeff

IAHeel

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 05:13:48 am »
My wife had translab at HEC with Friedman and Schwartz. They are world class!

Good luck!

Fred

brasher

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 11:30:08 am »
hey bob,
bless you and good luck first of all!
i had an acoustic nueroma removed via translab approach at house clinic last month. these guys are the acoustic nueroma experts it seems. dr. slattery and dr.schwatz are my dr.'s,and they are great, they saved my life basically. they are very busy at the house clinic with  AN patients, which most would agree is a good thing.
they use St. Vincent hospital, which is next door to the house clinic; my experience with the hospital staff was less than great.
i certainly recommend checking out the team at house, anyone of the surgeons will be one of the best you can find, i feel.
good luck,
tony
6.5cm AN;   1/23/07
translab prceedure; house ear clinic; Dr. Slattery and Dr. Schwartz
facial nerve severed with complete removal of tumor.
gold eye weight;2/21/07-Dr Roberts
12-7 nerve anastomosis; 3/1/07, Dr Slattery
happy to be here; recovering well

gb4821

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 11:51:42 am »
Hi Bob,
I have had surgery at House 3 years ago and am going back again in April. My doctors are Dr. Friedman and Dr. Hitselberger. I think that they are fabulous. My brother used Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger and he likes them. My father had AN surgery at OHSU 3 years ago and had a great outcome. Dr. McMenamee and Dr. Delashaw did his surgery. I met Dr. McMenamee and really liked him. Also, Dr. Schwarrtz, one of the House neurosurgeons, did a fellowship at OHSU with Dr. Deleshaw. Let me know if I can help in any way. Where are you in Oregon? I have family in the Willamette valley.
Jeff

Hi Bob,
Greg Brown
1.5 cm AN Removed 1/22/07
Suboccipital Procedure:OHSU ( Portland Oregon); Dr. McMinemee and Dr. Delishaw
Complete removeal of tumor but hearing nerve on left side was severed.

gb4821

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 12:05:46 pm »
Hi Bob,
Jeff

Hi Bob  Good luck to you first of all,

I had my sergury done at OHSU with Dr. McMenamee and Dr. Delashaw on Jan. 22, 2007.  They did a great job for me and seam very knowledgeable in this field.  I have seen him 3 times but with my commute being so far and having a great relationship with the ear nose and throat Dr. in Klamath Falls, Oregon I have elected to have the remainder of my post- op check up's in my home town.  Concidering that no issues that come up.  I will go to him in 8 months for the follow-up MRI and reading though.  My time at OHSU was very good.  They had a person with me every minute to help or give me medication when I needed it.  The important issue is that you feel comfortable with the Doctors and the hosp.  When you mind is at easy then the recovery works better for you and your loved ones.  If you would like more info on my story then just email me and we can talk.

Hope everthing goes good for you as well.

PS Do you live in Oregon or around that area?
Greg Brown
1.5 cm AN Removed 1/22/07
Suboccipital Procedure:OHSU ( Portland Oregon); Dr. McMinemee and Dr. Delishaw
Complete removeal of tumor but hearing nerve on left side was severed.

kristin

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 03:34:20 pm »
Hi Bob! It's me, Kristin from Kalispell! I'm so glad that you found this site! It was (and still is) very helpful to me.

Kristin in Montana
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 09:53:14 pm »
Dr. de la Cruz at HEI was very helpful over the phone with me- however, I opted for cyberknife- nice thing is he still wants to monitor my progress.  I don't know if that's a good indication or not, but keep checking the website for House patients- the majority are very positive about the treatment they got there.  Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys