Author Topic: AN Newbie  (Read 45277 times)

Obita

Re: AN Newbie
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2007, 06:02:57 pm »
Hi Sheree and Don:

I am so glad that things are finally going the right way for you both.  Life does go on, perhaps a little slower than we would like sometimes.  You both deserve a huge pat on the back and I am soooooooooooo glad you have eachother.  You are an amazing team!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Rob7

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2007, 08:54:31 pm »
HEY SHEREE HERE...i know you all like to hear from Don since he is apart of you guys....but I miss posting too... lol
wow is all I can say about the good morning thread...that is some posting...I was impressed for dons also and am still daily on the hits it gets even though the postings are not too many...as long as we know you all care and are interested in how he is progressing...hey if there is anything you particularly want to know about his progress you will learn to ASK ME!!! He definately has a tendency to down play the whole enchilada...  the cipro is for his stomach and if that doesnt take care of the pain then they are going to probably go back in and replace the cathater into his heart instead of his belly.  he is not too happy about going back under but will to get rid of the pain. the ent doc told us that the nerve 9 and 10 are very angry and maybe not going to come back at all but the bad news is this....it will most likely take TIME (oh that word) like 6 to 12 months to know anything if at all THEN and only then will it be re thought for some surgery to fix it...OH YEAH THE GOOD NEWS...
no more DILANTIN... ;D I cant believe he didnt tell you all that...see ask me!  Well hopefully after this week of tapering off then next week of one pill to NONE....he can drive again. (after he retakes the test to get his license...expired on his birthday) he is still whobbly but doing better and impressively enough balancing on that silly hammock..I wish i knew how to post pictures on this site then I would post one of him in his hammock...anyway enough from me... better get back to my work..oh just  another thing to add to my plate..hey plug for me...wanna buy anything in Alabama or anywhere else..i am your girl... ;)  CIAO...sheree
Don
2.5 cm
surgery 3/8/07 to remove 75%
shunt surgery 3/19/07
recovering.......

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2007, 02:19:44 pm »
Yes! We need a picture of Don!!! Message me and I'll either post it for you or give you instructions!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2007, 02:53:55 pm »
Hi Don:  Just checking in, hoping you're recovery is continuing in a positive mode.   Always thinking good thoughts for you.   By the way,  I'm reading Nelson DeMille's book 'Up Country',   I love the way he writes, another war veteran, like you.   My favorite of his (oldie but goodie) was 'The Charm School'.     Take care, & always a hug to Sheree (your better half !)    Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Rob7

« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2007, 08:50:24 pm »
Where's MY hug, Nancy??? :'(
   Recovery is going VERY WELL now.  I have walked three times and did some light yard-work outside.  I am feeling much stronger and seem to be finding the right words for things more often, though not always.  I think the shunt adjustment combined with my Dilantin (HATE THAT STUFF!) reduction is helping.  I know I have a ways to go, but I am certainly feeling better these past four-five days.  Now if I can just stop leaving my wallet in my shorts, the water off and my zipper up I will be doing great.
   Hope all is well in FL!

Take care,
    Don

P.S.  *HUG*!!!
Don
2.5 cm
shunt surgery 3/19/07
recovering.......

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2007, 06:09:22 am »
OKAY, OKAY:   GROUP HUGS ALL AROUND !!!!  Glad to hear you're doing better & better.  Remember "time is on our side, yes it is"(Rolling Stones)., oh, & 'a rolling stone gathers no moss' (this is known as loose association in the psychiatric world!).   I'm still struggling with the lethargy, lately seems to be worse because workload has doubled - I'm going to be treating myself to Pilates Reformer classes starting next week !!!, hope it gets the energy flowing.   Glad you're FINALLY being tapered off the Dilantin & the shunt adjustment was made.  Okay my friend, take care "Hugs to you & Sheree".    Keep a peaceful heart, your friend,  Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

Rob7

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2007, 07:54:56 am »
   Hey, all!,
Well, I finally managed to push myself to far and overdo it.  I kept thinking I was fine doing a little yard-work and tinkering around the house.  I got a little tired and napped that afternoon, but woke up feeling terrible.  That was Thursday, and I JUST now started feeling normal again.  I was SO sick on Friday....felt like the first week out of the hospital.  Saturday was better (after a LONG nap), and yesterday I was almost normal again.  Just cannot understand how I went from feeling so capable and full of energy to being so sick again.  I know now NOT to push myself and need to continue to recuperate at a slower pace (UGH!).
   Overall, however, I am doing a LOT better than I was the past month.    I am walking much better now and my balance gets better with each passing day.  The nerve in my throat still bothers me and I have choked pretty bad a few times, but it is better than it was after surgery.  Also, I have been able to pick up some slack for Sheree and am helping do dishes (sometimes) and help with lunches and all the kids' stuff.
   Well, that is about all from here.  Hope everyone is doing well.

Take Care!
    Don 
Don
2.5 cm
shunt surgery 3/19/07
recovering.......

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2007, 06:29:45 am »
Hey Don:  I don't want to say 'WE TOLD YOU SO',  but I have to !!   Glad you were able to recoup from that Thursday work out you gave yourself.  (hey Sheree:  men, they just don't listen sometimes, do they).    Hope all is well buddy, you are now officially in the 'postie' mode !!!
Always good thoughts to you & Sheree,   Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

D

« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2007, 04:15:54 pm »
Hell

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2007, 07:44:48 pm »
Hell-o to you too D.  Looks like you got mixed up &  stopped your post.  I see it was your first one.  I got mixed up too.   Log on my friend,  Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis