Author Topic: How big are YOUR nubs?  (Read 2604 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
How big are YOUR nubs?
« on: February 07, 2007, 02:54:55 pm »
This goes out to any middle Fossa patients:  I have two bumps on my head--one just above and infront of my ear, and the other about 2 inches away at a bearing of about 10 degrees. The southern one is about the size of a dried pea and the northern on the sized of a large BB. When I get one of these brainwreck headaches, the southern one starts to throb and that sets off the other one. Does anyone out there have experience with this?  Could excess scar tissue around them be the source of my headaches or do they just hurt when I'm having one? Do I have scar tissue pressing on a nerve and setting off the headaches? My surgeon is in California and I'm in NC so a visit to him is out of the question financially right now.

I had one really bad brainwreck 10 days post op, but they really started to kick in at about 3-4 months--hence the scar tissue theory. Hmmmmmmm.........

Be well,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

Re: How big are YOUR nubs?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:29:52 pm »
Deb that is an interesting theory.  One I think you should pursue.  The time line fits I'd go local to like duke for a consult and see.  My brothers room mateis a PA for a pain management doctor who has treated quite a few post AN patients for headache problems.  I'll email him and see if I can get an opinion from him on that theory.

M