Author Topic: Pulsating, Roaring Tinnitus  (Read 9902 times)

Windsong

Re: Pulsating, Roaring Tinnitus
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 06:56:29 pm »
Sounds like a lot excitement that week lol... did you manage to enjoy being away?

I had a new sound added to my tinnitus about 2 weeks ago... like a hissing pipe only louder... at first i though it was noise from something in my home lol...  what symphonies we get!

Hope yours recedes fast...W.

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 10:10:58 pm »
Yup. We have good days and bad days. Barometric pressure has a big effect it seems.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Boppie

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 10:58:27 pm »
Oh, I loved being on vacation.  I really hadn't been able to escape the memories of my AN until this trip. 

I think the tinnitus was made worse by the echo in the house we rented... a beach house full of pergo flooring over decking and no drapes or fabrics for acoustic help.  We moved the area rugs out of the bedrooms to get some echo relief in the common area.  I know one thing, I don't want ceramic tile or vinyl flooring all over my house.  whew!

I agree, the rapid barometer changes had a lot to do with the symptoms.  It wasn't that bad though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 11:00:34 pm by Boppie »

Windsong

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 11:09:51 pm »
Guess that means I'd better not put in hardwood flooring in my place.... ha! and i love dark cherry wood....

Glad you had a good time anyway... you're right, we all need to get away where we never think of the An.  I'm planning small daily outings the rest of this month to celebrate the coming of spring (i think it might be around the corner)... i get to pretend i'm in spain later as the evening is all spanish.. cuisine, music, dancers etc....ah... what will flamenco do to my tinnitus.... i'd better take some ear plugs?

Bruce when i manage a half hr at the home dpot i KNOW i'm having a good day lol...

W.

MLB57

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 06:25:10 am »
Hi Paul---I came down with a viral infection (been home sick third day now) and two days before I had any symptoms I heard a "bong, bong" noise and later more rhythmical pulsating with fullness and my neck muslce got so tight--so I am hoping the viral infection has caused all this "activity" in my head (happens now and then, but really worse this time)--I swear since my surgery in 2001 my AN side is like a "barometer"--letting me in on things going on systemically in my body!!! I have an appt March 21 to see Dr Loeffler (after seeing Dr Barker, who yes, did remembr you with a smile!!) re: radiation, one shot VS FSR and will mention this "activity" to him just to see if he has any input...

Have you contacted Dr Barker about your head "activity"????

Take care and see you a the brunch!!!  Regards, Mary
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Crazycat

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 10:04:15 am »
Mary,

No appointments scheduled as of this time. I'm due for another MRI soon though. I'll look in to it when I come home in April.

How many radiation blasts are you scheduled for?

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 

MLB57

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 03:30:08 pm »
 Hi Paul--I haven't discussed the treatment regime yet--will on March 21 when I see Dr Loeffler--after I see him I am sure I wil be able to make my decision... and have treatment in Aug (after my son's wedding in July)...

You lucky dog (or should I say "cat"??) escaping this Nor'easter(?) we are having as we speak!!!

Take care--Regards, Mary
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

luv2teachsped

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 08:39:09 pm »
Hi everyone:
      It's been a long while since I have posted , but like everyone else My life just gets busier.  I've recently had a "new" tinnitus, added to my "old" tinnitus.  The new sound is a clicking noise.  Anyone else have this.  It is very annoying, and I thought the ringing was annoying. luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 09:03:15 pm »
Hey Paul,\  I have not been checking in to often lately. Just doing some reading here and catching up. Sorry about yout "T".  Mine is so  loud and intense ALL THE TIME. The only releif I get is when I finally am so exhausted I do fall asleep, then eventually it wakes me up almost every night and I can't go back to sleep. I'm always so sleep deprived because of it. I Happen to have very normal and sometimes low BP. I do know that when I'm overly tired or fatigued, which I am much of the time just dealing with the AN issues, the "t" is amplified. I wonder if T is also effected by the  lack of sleep.  All I know is I wish someone would find something to releive this horrible condition. Somedays I just want to go to sleep forever so I don't ever have to hear it again. Good thing for my wonderful children & hubby that keep me going.  Sure hope you can find some sort of releif for it.
take care
Patti ut
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Crazycat

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 09:01:13 pm »
Hi luvtoteach: No clicking sounds, just plain old ringing and high- pitched hissing.

Patti, I pray to god that they develop stem cell research and let the genie out of the bottle so that we may be able to replace damaged nerves.

Had a great day today, strolling through St. Petersburg and visiting the Dali museum. Beautiful weather. My sister and brother-in-law flew down for the weekend from NH. They caught the very last plane out of Boston before the airport was closed down. Made it by the skin of their teeth!! I think I've just about had it with "Ice Station Zebra".

Paul

Craig

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2007, 07:59:46 pm »
Yesterday, I went to the doctors office to schedule my treatments. After I left the office my tinnitus got louder and louder. I now have a ticking noise as well. My previous ringing was only very mild. I am finding it hard to concentrate. I went out to eat and there were some screaming kids in the restuarant. I could not take it and had to get out. I did buy some ear plugs which brings it down a notch.

Does the tinnitus come and go? Bad days and good days.
1.78 CM AN / Vanderbilt Medical Center Trilogy System / 4 Radiation Treatments / 24gy total

Windsong

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2007, 09:05:59 pm »
Hi Crazycat,

Oh that tinnitus. ! saw your comment and read back a ways about the Edgar allen Poe etc and had a nice chuckle as i've exeprienced that one along with the bells ringing or any innumerable sounds. The latest is driving me nuts and it's the hissing sound like a borken pipe letting off gas or steam so your blow- a-gasket analogy seemed apt right now for me.

For much of the time the last few yrs the crazy T has been muted enough not to bug me too much but this last month with the hissing is nuts.

I wonder if it gets louder when BP spikes? Like you, most of my life was a serene calm bp at the most 120/80. I know it spikes now now , sometimes, but seemingly with no rhyme or reason although it can go very high with an infection or a bad stress. For instance, yesterday i could be said to have been stressed about something and but my bp was 129/89 and the hr was 59 and the bp usually sits around 117/70. I am on beta blockers the last yr though. Sometimes i think of getting a bp monitor if only to find out when it spikes high casue i swear I can feel it and then the roar in the ears is realllly bad.

W.

Ps i read thru Ornishes heart book to see how he suggests lowering bp etc. , adopted some of the ways, but still eat meat lol but sounds similar to your way of eating....

Crazycat

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 04:26:50 pm »
Bruce,

I know what you're talking about. It's real easy for people in our condition to get "spooked" and possibly over-react to something
that seems to sneak up on us because we're blind-sided by single-sided deafness - and that "something" could be anything! It's the over-reaction that can often cause the most damage: jumping out of our skin or flailing an arm because we're so startled by something we'd ordinarily be aware of long before it is close to us.

Paul