Author Topic: Computer Issues  (Read 9032 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Computer Issues
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 07:59:24 am »
Well, Dave, you speaketh my language! :)  Slightly "partial" here as well to the former employer (and yes, a true former AMD'er that has maintained the alligence to the chips).  Holding onto the Compaq's but still looking to get a desktop for home use, keep the laptops for my travels and if they fail on me, then to use as frisbee toss with my dog! :)

Phyl

quote author=Dave_S121 link=topic=1199.msg12135#msg12135 date=1145970222]
Phylll, I am very partial to AMD, I have built all of my desktops and use only AMD chips and chipset.  More bang for less money.  Never heard the term "celery" but know exactly what your talking about, lol, the term fits for Intel celeron.  Nothing wrong with Compaq laptops, I'm writting this on a Compac Presario with an AMD chip, so if you still have stock in AMD I'm supporting it.  I love my laptop, take it every where, can get onto the Internet, download pictures from my digital camera.  But since HP bought out Compaq it remains to be seen.  The last desktop I bought 5 years ago was a Compaq.  I gave it to my stepson and it's still running fine.  Hold onto your 2 year old laptop, I'm assuming that is your work owned.  Maybe when work upgrades they will let you buy it.  If I could have only one computer it would be a laptop, but I understand they are much more expensive than desktops.  As for Dell and Gateway, I like both brands, and you can get good deals, but I still recommend a company like tigerdirect.com or Frys electronics, www.outpost.com.  Nothing wrong with a discontinued model for personal use, specially if there's a geek in the family who can upgrade it.

Dave
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"