Author Topic: Finally Signing In...  (Read 3882 times)

moores

Finally Signing In...
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:46:20 pm »
Hello Alll,

My name is Susan and I had translab with Dr. Friiedman and Dr. Schwartz on January 8 at the House Ear Cliinic (St Vincents). My husband Fred wrote iand received much support from so many of lyou as we went through surgery in LA. This iis my first time signing on. The surgery was successful with the minor gllitch of temlporary facial paralysis on the AN side. All docs assure us this function will return as it was there immediately after surgery.

We are home in Iowa now adjusting to real life!

I am grateful to the Forum for prior and contilnued support....
Translab on 1-8-07 by Drs. Friedman and Schwartz for 1.9 mm tumor at House Ear Clinic
SSD in right ear with Baha implant
Some facial paralysis on right side but getting better!

Boppie

Re: Finally Signing In...
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:10:04 pm »
Temporary facial weakness and numbness (at least the kind that develops after a few days) does recover quickly.  Mine occurred at 9 to 10 days post op and recovered by 6 weeks.

Obita

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:26:21 pm »
Hi Susan - nice to meet you:

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and that everything went very well.

I am sorry the facial stuff set in.  It did for me too.  It was dissapointing yes, but it does come back pretty fast.  I know I was fine when I went back to work at 8 weeks.

Take care of yourself, come back on to let us know how you are doing and please say hi to Fred.

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Battyp

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 11:33:01 pm »
Hi Susan and welcome.  Yes your husband was keeping us updated so glad to hear you've made it home!  Now remember to listen to you body and rest when you need to!  I hear its cold up in Iowa!  I just got an email from a gf of mine I lost track of and she was playing in the snow while I was running around in shorts and tank tops playing tennis  LOL  After surgery my head was really bothered by the cold so don't forget your hat when you go outside!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 09:00:06 am »
Hi Susan and welcome... yes, we were getting your updates and cheering you on... thrilled to hear that you are doing ok... please remember to take it day by day, inch by inch and listen to your body when it talks (ie: fatigue, etc).  We're cheering you on and thrilled to hear from you!

Sending healing wishes to you!
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kymera

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 05:53:59 pm »
Congrats on a successful operation.  Seems like a long uphill walk, but concentrate on the recovery and take it one day at a time.  The hardest thing for me was not getting discouraged when your recovery seems to take a step back, but with motivation from family and friends it shouldn't be hard to get back on track. 

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 06:05:36 am »

recovery can be slow .. but sure ... sounds like your doing great ... welcome!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital