Author Topic: Heartbeat  (Read 6172 times)

Kaybo

Re: Heartbeat
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 07:53:21 am »
I have the heartbeat thing too - usually when I am very tired.  I never thought about it.  I just lift my ear up off the pillow & put it back down and it seems to go away - sometimes I have to do this a couple of times...obviously, it is not near the problem you have!  Sorry!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 05:18:21 pm »
Thank you Tumbleweed, you gave me more information than any of my Dr.s and I do have have the other symptoms as well, I am seeing a new primary MD on Monday so hopefully he will be more concerned of my low pulse and try to figure it out.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

Tumbleweed

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 12:52:40 am »
Glad to help, Rivergirl. I'd mention your symptoms to your doctor and ask them if they would order a blood-calcium test. If you have chronic indigestion -- specifically trouble digesting your food, where it feels like your meals just sit in your stomach -- then you may also be low in B6. If not, then something else may be causing a calcium deficiency (assuming that's the cause of your slow pulse rate, which is not necessarily the case).

If indigestion is also bothering you, you can try eating more B6-rich foods (salmon, trout, halibut, brewer's yeast) and cutting way back on sweets and carbs for a few days. You just might find that all of your symptoms (including the slow pulse rate) correct themselves within a day or two. That might sound astoundingly quick, but that's all of how long it took for my related symptoms to reverse. If it doesn't work, then something else is probably the cause of your slow pulse rate. But it seems mighty suspicious that you have the other symptoms, too. A smoking gun.

Best wishes,
Tumbleweed
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

lifeisgood

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 09:18:02 am »
I feel it on my good side?? I have SSD as a result of the AN in my right ear.
When I am lying on my left side with my good ear down, that is when I hear the heartbeat,
pulsing sound.
I do have a slight constand shhhhhhh sound in my right ear.  Since I can't hear, maybe it is re directing over to the other side?

I am so grateful for this website .  I posted my concern last night thinking that nobody would respond and a wonderful member re directed me to this post.
It's comforting to know that I am not alone.

Thank you!!!
3.4cm AN surgically removed 3/04
by Dr. Wiet and Kazan at Hinsdale Hospital in Illinois.
Translab approach