Author Topic: Crowded places make me dizzy...normal??  (Read 34990 times)

Static

Re: Crowded places make me dizzy...normal??
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2007, 11:17:41 am »
Thanks for the anniversary wishes.  Reading these posts got me thinking........... I've never been to the hotel in Philly where the symposium is being held but I wonder who will actually hear anything if the ceilings are high and things echo like they can.  Hmmmm..........scratching head in wonder.  I can't hear anything that is being said in a church during a sermon..........I hear the minister talking but can't distinguish what's being said.  Maybe we should all get informational packets so we can read along with the speakers! 
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Cheryl R

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:59:05 am »
I have been to the last 2 symposiums and did not notice a problem with not being able to hear or echoes.  Most of the general sessions were closed captioned or possibly have another name for being able to read what the speaker is saying.      This is one place where almost everyone has some degree of hearing loss so they do compensate for it.             In the small group sessions it did not seem to be a problem and there one can make sure to get close to the speaker.   
                                                Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

redgrl

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 02:58:53 pm »
I get that way to Amy. I went to the bar with my friend the other night and the loud music and all the people made me dizzy and my one good ear was pounding. It was awful!  :(
4 cm left side AN. Translab Sept 20th 06 at virginia mason w/Dr. Backous & Dr. Nussbaum. Second surgery Oct 15th 06 to repair CFS leak.

Static

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2007, 04:55:33 pm »
Cheryl,
Thanks for letting me know that!  I've never been to a symposium before so I was just wondering.  I kinda figured the ANA would be on top of things  :)
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Obita

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 11:29:55 am »
I am almost 9 years out and it still hits me from time to time. I have had to alter my shopping/driving times to avoid the crowds. Costco on the weekends is especially brutal and I generally have to hang to my hubby while shopping.

Happy 3rd anniversary Static!!!

hugs,
Cheryl

I am going to go find a husband so I have someone to hang on to.  I really want to try the Mall of America.  You lucky, lucky, lady Cheryl.  ;D Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Boppie

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 03:07:37 pm »
I think the speakers and acoustics are terrible in most public places, including our churches.  Then there are the folks who get on a microphone and scream into it instead of using the system in the way it was intended - to properly amplify. WE aren't the only ones having trouble with noise in buildings and crowded places.  Architects should give more consideration to the acoustic aesthetics and sound equipment design for buildings.