Author Topic: Work & Fatigue  (Read 5223 times)

nancyann

• carpe diem
Work & Fatigue
« on: January 21, 2007, 08:31:11 am »
Hi All:

I've noticed (since the holidays are over & back to a full work week), that by the end of the week, I am WIPED OUT !!!!
And I mean WIPED OUT !!!!
I spend Saturdays laying down, watching TV at most (like yesterday, even too tired to get online here ).  Can't do much for one day.
Today, after doing nothing Sat., I already did laundry, went grocery shopping, etc.  Still have energy to burn.

Anyone else experience the HORRENDOUS fatigue.   Even after work each day I'm bushed, but it seems Saturdays are the worst !!!

Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

justsimplyrhonda

• http://rhondaclemmons.4t.com
Re: Work & Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:51:42 am »
Hello Nancy .....I have recently been dianosed with AN ...my tumor is 1.2 cm ....I am dealing with constant hissing in my right ear ....dizziness ......very fatigued all the time .....but also depression .....have to see my Dr on thurs of this week ....to determine what I am going to do.....I live in Virginia ....I have 2 children 17 yrs old and the other 9 yrs ...I am single.....I have no family here other than my children .....I moved to Virginia 3 yrs ago ....sorta chasing my dream ...Im a Singer Songwriter I do anything from mini concerts ....Karaoke Shows .....Djing music...etc.
my symtoms started a little over a yr ago ....they thought it was ...fluid bubble .....finally I went to Ent he ordered Mri and found the tumor .....I was scared to death ....still am ....not sure which way to go .....I just ran across your coment ....did you have surgery yet ?
please email me back
           Rhonda
 email   justsimplyrhonda@aim.com

Obita

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 09:05:45 am »
Nancy:

I am the same way.  I work Tues. through Saturday so my Sunday is do nothing day.  I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat on Sunday.  I try to read, out like a light.  Watch a movie, only if I am sitting upright.  If I lay down and get comfortable, out again.  Our brains must be re-charging after a busy week.  Mondays for me are usually errand and clean house day.  I am fine until I relax.  I have learned not to relax until I am finished with what needs to be done.

Hello Rhonda:

ANs are indeed scary but treatable so try and relax.  Your AN is probably small enough that you might be able to watch it for a while or do radiation.  Is there a major medical center in your area?  You need to find an AN expert.  There might be someone on here that knows a good doctor in your area.  What part of VA are you in?

We are here to help Rhonda.  Welcome to the forum.

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:10:18 am »
Hi Rhonda:

I just e-mailed you,  then checked your website:  WE HAVE A CELEBRITY IN OUR MISTS GANG !!!!!

That was great Rhonda !!!  beautiful music, beautiful site (You could turn me into a country music fan !!)

Now, for the scary stuff:  PLEASE LOOK INTO THE RADIOSURGERY SITES,  your AN is small enough still.
You have 2 children (one not so young, but still), a singing/songwriting career on the horizon.
I'm not one to tell people what to do (did my ceiling just cave in ??    lol)   but, knowing what I do now,
I would have opted for radiosurgery.   On 1 post it showed more surgeons would go the radiation route then surgery (I think, please look for that post, can't remember where it is )

Wishing you much success in your career & your decision.

Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:15:11 am »
WHEW !!!!

Thanks Kathy, thought there was something wrong with me, so now I know there's something wrong with us !! (just kidding).
Thought this fatigue stuff would have gone away, gotta admit, it's better than it was immediately post op.

Glad to hear this is normal recuperation.

Have a good one Kathy, Nancy
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis

Lorenzo

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:04 am »
Oh yes, it goes away. Two years post op I can manage to do all the things without falling alseep in my soup, or in the bookstore while drinking espresso, or in the car, not while driving. I used to do all those things, and more. Anything to have a nap and recharge temporarily! As for working, I'm wiped out every night after college, and on the other days as I work for myself, I can pace myself better and avoid Big Fatigue. BF only hiits now if I do too mch, like driving for too long, walk around for a day, shop until I drop or all of those i one day.

Rhonda, This is scary, we all know well what it's like. Be assured that we are all here to help you, so ask away! Knowing is the start of getting control of this! Look into all the options and consider them from various angles. Then make a decision that suits you.

Ciao, Lorenzo

Dfcman

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 01:32:56 pm »
that seems to be kinda normal.  I mean we aren't getting any younger unfortunately.
I think you'd get used to it.  Ive seemed to have regained most of my strength back from walking on my treadmill at home, and the fact that they are mainly working now on speed, endurance and agility at my therapy.  I think that it goes away eventually.  The AN put you out of the loop for awhile i'm sure, and it takes time i'm sure to regain that strength....hope all is well Nancy

Chris
Son of Chrissmom
23 Years Old
AIM is the best way to contact me
5.3 x 4 cm tumor removed by surgery(2 times)
Dr. Arriaga and Dr. Baghai Pittsburgh Allegheny Hospital
Post Op as of 7/20/06

justsimplyrhonda

• http://rhondaclemmons.4t.com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 03:04:58 pm »
Hey everyone ....
    Thank you nancy for the sweet comments .... :)
I live in Salem Va. I would be going to UVA Hospital ....for the surgery ...or RadiationTherepy which ever I decide. I feel better already just being able to comunicate with others that are going through the same thing ....dont feel quite so alone  :)
I try not to cry so much around the kids ....cause Im supposed to be the strong one ....feel like a big baby sometimes.
Thank you for the sweet comments about my website ....those of you who check it out please sign my guest book on there  :)
Look forward to chatting on here
         Rhonda

Obita

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 04:13:20 pm »
Nancy:  That first year post-op I was much worse than I am now.  There will probably be less fatigue in the future for you.  Hang in there..........

Rhonda: I just went to your site!!  How impressive. A celebrity is right!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

amymeri

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 04:34:52 pm »
I have the fatigue and its worse somedays.  I noticed for about 6-7 months I needed 9-10 hours of sleep at night and now just a few months later I am okay on a little less.

I also do better if I get outside and exercise....hard to do when its only 15 degrees out!!

I think it gets better with time.

Brain surgery and fatigue are well known buddies!
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 07:33:03 am »
Hi All:  Thanks for the replies...
          Glad to know I'm not alone with this 'continued' fatigue into month 7 (I almost want to call it 'Round 7', but gave that tumor
          KNOCKOUT PUNCH round 1 !!).
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
right facial paralysis