Author Topic: has anyone seen Dr. Robert Owens in Dallas?  (Read 6055 times)

kimmer

has anyone seen Dr. Robert Owens in Dallas?
« on: January 15, 2007, 11:12:19 am »
I was diagnosed in March of 2006 and we went to different places that seem to have led us here.   I read some great stuff about the doctors in Austin so maybe I should go there.  Anyone have any thing encouraging?  thanks! kimmer

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: has anyone seen Dr. Robert Owens in Dallas?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »
Hi Kim:    Can't help with docs in Austin, just wanted to let you know I just e-mailed you from your e-mail to me this am.
             Best wishes on your journey,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

kimmer

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 03:10:49 pm »
Nancy Ann thank you for your email.  I am interested in everyone's story and who their docs were.  Be blessed and well.  kim  Sounds like you are the hero in your story!  Take care.

hank

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 01:14:32 pm »
After suffering sudden and significant hearing loss in early November and having an MRI last month which showed a small 3-4mm AN, I have scheduled a first appointment with Dr. Owens at the end of the month.  I would also be interested in any information people may have.

Boppie

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 05:10:44 pm »
kimmer, how large or small is your AN?  Have you seen a neurosurgeon, or Otolaryngygolost?  Have you had an MRI with contrast?

kimmer

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 07:49:45 pm »
Hi Boppie sorry for not responding to you sooner.   I haven't been feeling well lately.  I am scheduled to see the Neuro Otologist on Wednesday the7th.  I don't know what to expect really.  Do I schedule surgery then??  I am sure that surgery is the route I prefer.  I have watched the Gamma Knife procedure as well as the sugerical approach.  I do not want radiation at all.  So, Boppie can you tell me what is next?  I meet him and then talk surgery? I am a bundle of questions without answers.  Thank you for asking I hope i didn't go on too much.  It is a small tumor.  The dimensions were not mentioned to me.  yes i have had the mri with contrast.  I had the first one a year ago and then the second at six months and they said it was a small vestibular shwanomma.   

Dizzyguy

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 08:47:27 am »
I don't know if it's too late, but I'm seeing Dr. Owens now and have been very happy with him so far.

Obita

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 09:23:49 am »
Hi Dizzyguy - welcome!!

I can't believe your username was not spoken for long ago!!   ;D

How are you doing??  Were you just diagnosed?

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines