Author Topic: newly diagnosed; stumbling through the minefield  (Read 10048 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Re: newly diagnosed; stumbling through the minefield
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 06:07:42 pm »
Also, when I request a copy of my MRI are they recquired to give it to me or will I have to fight for it? :)

They are legally required to give you copies of your own medical record.  You may have to fill out a form or write a specific letter (so they have your signature on file), but there's something very wrong if they give you a hard time about it.

Good luck!
Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Battyp

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 07:42:24 pm »
You paid for it you get it!  The only problem i've had with obtaining some of my medical records is a charge of 1.00 a page up to 25.00.  If they send it to another doc they don't charge. 

Android we try to help!
Sam can you treat me for my various ailments  LOL  My complaints are falling on deafer ears than mine right now  LOL

nannettesea

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 10:11:02 pm »
Hi there,
I had my surgery with Dr. Jay Rubinstein of U of WA.  Surgery was fine, but outcome not good due to multiple conditions.  I think Mangham is no. 1 in terms of numbers of surgeries.  If you can go out of state, recommend House.

If it's small, and symptoms not severe, watch and wait is definitely the way to go, IMO.  Radiation 2nd, surgery 3rd.

I live north of Seattle, too.
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

Sam Rush

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 12:06:37 pm »
To Bettyprincess

I'd be honored to treat you, since you'd be my first AN pt, except for myself.!!!    LOL
1 cm AN translab, Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Schwartz, Dr Doherety HEI   11/04   Baha 7/05

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 06:08:43 pm »
I sent you a personal message as I am a Group Health "customer".  They will send you your MRI, all you have to do is ask!  They were very helpful to me, and I really liked all of my Doctors.
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 11:42:42 pm »
The beginning stages of research are the worst by far. You have to learn new terms, new procedures and develop a new way of thinking. However, this is a lot more treatable than what your first doctor lead you to believe. I was really lucky that I only had to wait a week between the ENT guy and the actual surgeon for a consult. The ENT guy had some pretty outdated information that the surgeon was able to clarify. Also this is slow growing so you do have time to do the research. I sent my MRI's to the House Institute in LA and have had some nice conversations with Dr. de la Cruz- nice man had done surgeries for 30 years. However, I really want to avoid surgery if I can- I just keep thinking of the potential complications associated with it. I have an appointment with Standford on 1/23 and I'm going to ask about Cyberknife as an option.  By the way, I LOVE THE RAMONES!  And yeah, I just thought my husband was a mumbler, but I actually do have a 50% hearing loss in my left ear.  So welcome to the club- this website should really help you figure out all that you need to know.  We really are "our" own best doctors. Take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

Dantheman

• Orthodox Christian Bookstore
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 09:59:45 am »
Pearchica wrote:
"By the way, I LOVE THE RAMONES!"

If loud noises contribute to AN growth...then I know the band to blame! The last time I saw The Ramones live my ears rang for a day. Slam dancing next to a literal wall of speakers isn't advisable anymore.
I really think my AN is payback for singing "Teenage Labotomy" too loudly and proudly, at times.
Funny, the things I think about in my "old age".

Dan
Diagnosed 12/08/2006. 1.7 cm Right Side AN.
Trans-lab performed on 02/13/2007 by Dr. Lawrence Meiteles and Dr. Raj Murali at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
TransEar worn since 4/17/07.