Author Topic: Northeast weather week of 1/8/07  (Read 6322 times)

WHWT

Northeast weather week of 1/8/07
« on: January 13, 2007, 07:41:56 pm »
Has anyone else in the northeast (NY area) had a bad week with loopiness, head pressure, fishbowl head, and extra-loud tinnitus?  I think it's the weather, but I'm not sure.  Has anyone found any ways to compensate for the weather-related nonsense?  I'm much better when I'm  in my home.  The minute I step out the door it worsens.
Retrosigmoid suboccipital surgery for 1.3 cm AN in 2005.

Lorenzo

Re: Northeast weather week of 1/8/07
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 01:09:02 am »
It is the weather. We've been having stomrs on and off for months now here and my head feels like is just about to explode right now. I was always sensitive to weather changes, but now, post treatment... Off the scale, a wlking barometer. Ways to deal with it? None that I found, sadly. Other than moving or traveling to a country with no wind and a more constant weather pattern. South of Spain was good this Christmas, no head stuff at all! Bliss.

Ciao, Lorenzo

jerseygirl

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:14:09 am »
Yep, I had major problems. I was pushing (sometimes literally) myself to exercise more but I am not sure it helped all this craziness in my head but it did give me stamina to get throgh the day which is something.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

WHWT

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:18 pm »
I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one, but sorry to hear of all the problems others are having.  Today (Monday, 1/15) is particularly awful, isn't it?  My head is throbbing and the fishbowl is sloshing.
So, what about the weather bothers us?  I think it's humidity or dampness.  I know nothing about barometric pressure................
Can't wait for warmer, drier weather.

Lorenzo

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 02:55:09 pm »
I think it's when the weather changes from good to bad, and from bad to good. Air pressure changes, low pressure when it's bad and high pressure when it's good weather. I can also feel when the wind is coming, even if it's still totally calm. Some days it's worse than others, as if a certain wind directions affect me more than others. Humidity doesn't really do it for me either. But then I'm odd, I could smell when it was going to snow when I was living in Switzerland as a kid.

I can't wait for constant, unchanging weather, preferably of the sunny side of the scale. For all of you walking barometers, may we all face in the direction of Fair!

Ciao, Lorenzo

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 03:28:43 pm »
Also suffering here in Boston... 2 weather "Lows" moving in and I'm a walking barometer.  Have had massive migraines for 2 days and counting... the fat lady *looks down at self* isn't singing yet... and also can't wait for better weather.

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

WHWT

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 03:54:45 pm »
Maybe we're like the canaries they use in mines to detect gas................

Obita

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:42:00 pm »
Which is the better barometer, myself or my dog?  We both KNOW when something is comming.  She does not walk into doorframes though, so I win.  ;D
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Lorenzo

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 04:48:04 pm »
only thing. is can't sing like a canary. sigh. but, i can howl like a dog when headaches hit.  ;D
nite all, Lorenzo

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 05:11:59 pm »
I'm sorry so many ANers are having a difficult time because of the weird weather in the northeast.  I don't want to be contrary but I live in Connecticut and have not experienced any noticable increase dizzyness or the other symptoms mentioned in preceeding posts.  Must just be me.  However, my wife, who suffers with allergies and back pain, has complained a lot about increased joint pain and allergy-related symptoms (and she gets monthy allergy 'shots'). 

I expect more normal (cold and stormy) weather is headed our way soon and perhaps that will be better for some, ironic as that looks as I read it.   Nothing ever stays the same in this part of the country, anyway.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:53 pm »
We are flying to New York tomorrow so will see how the weather there affects me.  We will only be there for a short period of time.  I thought the weather in the Mississippi Delta was as bad as it gets anywhere.  Guess I will find out for myself tomorrow. 
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

Static

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 07:47:24 pm »
I've been so off since last Thursday, I guess that's why I just found this now..............I just can't think straight and the headaches, tinnitus............ especialy the wonkyheaded feeling.  It was like someone in my head turned on a switch and made me realize just exactly what everyone means by "wonky headed".  I've had that feeling on and off for quite some time after the surgery but it never clicked!  Sometimes it takes me awhile  :o  I know we need the cold but I'm wishing I was headed south to visit  Batty to get away from all this!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 11:24:31 pm »
Oh gang, I am sorry about the cold weather. I don't know, I think if you were sensitive to weather prior to diagnosis and surgery, just a dumb theory, but you are probably sensitive post treatment. My husband, no AN is somewhat sensitive to weather.  And a girlfriend get's ear aches when its windy.  And quite frankly who wouldn't feel horrible in -20 weather, AWFUL.

Yeah Lorenzo- if you smelled snow as a kid- you are screwed in SF with the Fog- sorry buddy- (Sacramento not much better- too much farm dust and pollution).

Take care of yourselves!  Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

WHWT

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 09:25:50 am »
I actually liked the cold, wintry weather "before".  Now, it's a nuisance.