Author Topic: How do you insert a photo into your profile?  (Read 11291 times)

Lorenzo

Re: How do you insert a photo into your profile?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 03:52:02 pm »
Hi MOnie!, Glad you like it. Made you a buddy too by the way.
Ok, night all, off zzzzzz-ing.
Ciao
Lorenzo

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 06:02:34 pm »
Hello:

That is a wonderful picture of Lorenzo.  (getting all that personality in a small square; very impressive!  ;) )

Maybe sometime I will get around to a picture in my faceless square.  In the mean-time I'm still up with my dogs on the "staunghest supporters."

Here is a quick note regarding my shoulder.......I just got home from the surgeons office.......

I went to the local clinic one week ago about my shoulder.  (the doctor thinking it looked like a shoulder seperation with a possible fracture)  The local Med Clinic here couldn't find my chart and the doctor sent my X-rays back
to radiology with a question for the radiologist that read the X-rays.  I
called to see how that was going this morning (early) and they said, "Oh,
that radiologist won't be back for a week or so."  I asked VERY NICELY, would
someone else please reread the X-rays.  No, the same doctor that read it the
first time and sent it to the local Med Clinic is the one that MUST read them.  
(knowing full well, the radiologist already read them once; good sign I thought)  Then they were sent them to the physician,  locally and the clinic doctor never called me with the X-rays diagnosis.  (so I never got one)  He just
sent it back to the nearby town (radiology) with a question.  I'm sure he thought after the question was answered, he would contact me later.  I asked what the question was and of course, with the privacy act, no information for me.  Well, that would hang for that particular
radiologist for probably a couple of weeks with the answer to whatever the
question was.  (since the radiologist is now out of town for a week or so)  So, what is the patient supposed to do, wait almost a month?  I have waited a week in lots of pain and need some kind of diagnosis for my own well-being.  (mentally and physically so, I know how to treat this shoulder currently)  Then the X-rays would be sent back to the clinic.  Then, I'd have to wait for
them to contact me.  Since I have waited one week already, I took direct action.  So, it would be a total of about three weeks of hanging.  If you followed all that........I went to a surgeon
this morning and had the X-rays re-done at the surgeons office and promptly
read there!  Surgery is scheduled for the  26th of this month.  I called them at the clinic and told them I had the X-rays re-taken elsewhere and I got my diagnosis.  (no fooling around and waiting when it hurts so much or if you have a serious injury; things sometimes just need to be addressed as, further damage can occur)

It isn't a shoulder separation but, there is a small space in there.  The doctor will shave off the protruding bone and look with the camera while inside the shoulder.  This is done arthroscopy so, I will be out in about two hours and then have to come out of the general anaesthetic.  I will go home the same day.  (the sling for one week and then the rehab exercises but, the six weeks of being very careful)  I will do the mobile exercises to keep the movement in the shoulder.  (the most mobile of areas in our whole body)

We are experienced folks here on the AN Forum.  We all take good care of ourselves.  I won't be typing obviously but, just to let you all know........I'm lurking and working on the ear situation, as well.

I go at the end of the month for them to check if the pills worked for the liquid/pressure behind the ear-drum.

I'm thinking of all of you.  I'm here but, my male dog goes in for a big surgery tomorrow.  This is the "Rehab-House" @ The Peaceful Palace.   :)

I will have six weeks of recovery after the surgery so, thank you all for understanding.  

Maybe I will get a picture up in my square in the time being.  This must be a good year.  I'm having a "Late-Start-Year!"

My best wishes to all of you.  I hope I have helped others in the past and thank you so much for helping me.

You people are THE BEST.  The would would be a better place if we all had ANs' and don't take me seriously.   ;)  It simply means that it somehow brings out THE BEST in us all.  This is hard to deal with and added problems, we don't need but........that is life.  (and we are all still here, alive)  I remember that years ago, AN tumors were life threatening.

I'd better get off as, I should be typing.  I'm just checking in with you as, several nice people responded privately and they can all read this one post.  (since I shouldn't type)  Thank you for understanding!   ;D

Well, I never did figure out that "Frapper" and the other way to put up a picture but, I will have plenty of time coming up soon.  (read, rain, DVD's, eat, read, rain, DVD's, eat and then maybe, just maybe.............SOME SLEEP)   8)

You all take care!

I'LL BE BACK.............

Palace
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:25:22 pm by Palace »
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Obita

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 08:40:18 pm »
You did that to your shoulder playing tug o war with your doggies????  Holy crap Palace.  Are you going for some kind of surgical record????

I will be talking to you before you next and LAST surgery!!

I was at the park with Maggie the dog in 1995.  I had her on a retractable leash, retracted at the time.  Well, she saw a goose and took off running.  I started running too.  Being she is much faster than me I let out some of the lead.......well, before I could even think about what was going to happen, it happened.  End of the line.......I would not let go because we were in a crowded city park next to a very busy street.  Big mistake.  I flew through the air like a kite and came slamming down on my elbow and broke my collar bone.  I learned a big lesson that day.  My dog is much stronger than I am.

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Lorenzo

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 06:50:46 am »
Well thank you Palace!  :)  Glad you like the photo of me. LOL  :)

Your saga sounds terrible! My god, who ARE these people?????? Have they no idea what it's like to be in pain and a patient at the mercy of a system? Wow, I can feel my blood pressure rising... calm... mmmm...  breathe... Honestly, bungling medics, what a story! Glad you took the elternative route and went for another opinion and option. Finally some answers! Good for you, well done.

Never realised dogs could be that dangerous to owners / parents / masters / whatever. I'll stick to cats, later in life. ;D

Ciao, Lorenzo